Chapter 2: They come in fours?

I picked the box up off the floor, and walked down the corridor to my apartment. I bit my lip, letting the feeling of guilt flood over me as I blushed slightly. I shouldn't have been blushing. I walked into my room, which I had forgot to lock. I had finally got my stuff in the flat, and jumped on the couch. I was completely wiped out and had no intention of moving anything today. I quickly got changed into the first thing I could grab before going back out. I switched the telly on, flicking through and stopping at MTV who was showing "Catfish: The TV Show". I exhaled, leaning back into the arm of the couch. The door bell buzzes, making me shut my eyes immediately. I groaned at the fact I had to get back up when I had only just sat back down, getting up and going to the door. I open the door to find four boys awkwardly standing before me. One of them was grinning, the other two smiling innocently behind him. My eyes widened immediately, when I looked to the right and found the tall blonde boy standing in front of me was the guy from the lift. He realised too and looked just as shocked as me. I tried to play it cool.  I kind of just stood there just looking at them, waiting for one of them to pipe up. I mean, they were the ones that knocked on my door.

"Hey, uh, Sorry!" He apologised for no good reason. "We just came to introduce ourselves" He placed his hand on his chest. "I'm Pete, this is Aodhan and Dylan" He pointed to the lads behind him, making them wave politely. "And that's Luke... We live directly opposite you, I see you've just moved in" He pointed out. I nodded casually. I didn't really take notice of their names at all, I was too busy trying to process the fact that he lived across the hall from me.

"Hi, I'm Katie... and yeah, I just finished today actually..." I should be feeling awkward right now. I didn't, but I knew I should have been. They obviously didn't know what to say, and I didn't to be honest either. The blonde one wouldn't look at me and I didn't know what to do.

"We were just on our way out, but if you ever need anything, feel free to knock on our door" He smiled sweetly.

"Thank you, I appreciate it" I spoke tiredly, making the lad with red hair stick his hand up getting my attention. Quite formally if I was to comment.

"In an emergency, still don't barge in because chances are one of us are naked" He spoke, making the other boys laugh. I smirked at him. He was Irish too, leading me to the impression that they all were, and had came over together.

"I'll take note" I nodded. I was only wearing a vest and shorts, no shoes or socks, it wasn't extremely appropriate, but then again I didn't really care. The blonde one walked away in the direction of the lift, and the others just watched him. Rude. The guy with the red hair nodded his head before following him. Less rude. The main guy clicked his tongue.

"Bye Katie, we'll probably see you later" He waved politely making me smile.

"See you later" I spoke, leaning on my door. The last remaining lad smiled sheepishly, and as he walked away, I shut my door, leaning on the back of it.

Why did he have to live across the hall from me? He could have lived anywhere else where I never would have bumped into him again. He has probably told them all about how much of a wimp I was. I sighed. That being said, he didn't seem to care about my presence whatsoever, so hopefully he didn't have an interest in telling anyone about me. I hoped it was the latter. I brushed it off, going to my bedroom and taking a nap.

By the time I woke up it was 7'o clock. I rolled my eyes at the acknowledgement that it was going to take me forever to get to sleep tonight. I looked down at my phone.

"George: On my way over, try answering your phone"

I smiled lightly. He had already told me he was going to come over and check the place out. Me and George had been together for a long time. We were best friends and just naturally gravitated towards each other, but these days we argued a lot. We both knew the feelings weren't there anymore, but no matter what we would always end up back with each other. Yeah, we were that couple. The notorious couple in our friendship group, that 'no one tried to mess with'. Yeah right.