Chapter 28: The Truth Will Break Us

"Well what a night that was" Luke threw his coat down on his bed. I giggled at him. He stood there with a beer still in his hand. The party was fun, it went well for once, no drama. We had probably drank a little too much, well I had, he could handle his drink much more than I could. He put the beer on the table and got clothes out for me; there was plenty of my clothes here but I never refused to wear his. He came over, putting the shorts over my head and the shirt too. "Get changed quick" He went to the wall and stood facing it, leaning on it with his hands by his head. I smiled and got changed really quickly. I finished as fast as I could, and he was still facing the wall, respectful lad. I stumbled over laughing, before tapping him, a little less gently than I hoped. He spun round to face me, taking my waist and spinning me a little before going and getting changed himself. He just whipped his top off without even telling me that.

"Luke!" I said exaggeratedly. "You didn't warn me" I hit my hands on my face covering my eyes. I could hear him giggling. I waited until he came over and took my hands off my face. He smirked looking down at me before closing his eyes lightly as I drifted away from him. I went and put his speaker on, scrolling down the list and getting impatient, so playing Bad Suns.

"Zach and Dan got home okay" He drifted off, in his little tipsy trance. I was standing with my back towards him. The song started playing and he sung. "I've been trying to keep my grip, yeah I think I'm over this" My heart melted, like it always did when he sung. He mumbled the rest of the words, and carried on his phone. He sat down on the chair by his desk table, after struggling to turn the chair the right way so he didn't miss it. I turned around, and he looked up at me. I licked my lips softly, drunkenly looking at him. He carried on singing, raising his eyebrows at me. I walked over to him. I giggled, lightly holding his shoulder, and slowly climbing on top of him. He got the gist of what I was doing, sitting up slightly, and putting his hand out, silently asking if I needed any help. I wrapped my legs around his waist, letting them fall to the back of the chair, and lightly let my arms fall on his shoulders. He locked his phone and tossed it down on the bed. "High voltage in her lips, they catch me when I slip" He sung to me. I listened to him in admiration. "My innard turn, your eyes they roll, I'll be there to take the fall" He mumbled, slowing to a stop. I pouted at him.

"Carry on" I urged making him smile. He threw his head side to side a bit and carried on singing. "Your voice, makes me feel so relaxed" I looked down at his lips momentarily, watching them turn up in a smile. He pushed my hair back from my face quickly, his hand falling as fast as it came up.

"I try my best" He spoke as I giggled a little. The mood was getting a little tense. My hands fell a little to his chest. He grabbed the beer from the table behind him, bringing it up to his lips lazily and taking a swig, before handing it to me to have a sip before putting it back. His heart was beating really fast, making me nervous. Objectively nervous, the alcohol had taken over me, and although I wasn't completely and insanely drunk, it had taken away the nerves of being around him. I frowned slightly. He slowly placed his hands on my waist but he was shaking.

"Grogan, why are you shaking" He bit his lip lightly, letting his eyebrows attempt to meet in the middle. He breathed in, studying my face.

"I know you don't like people touching you" He let out factually. "I just don't want you to feel uncomfortable" I smiled really quickly at how cute he was being. I brought a hand up to his face, then let it fall to his neck.

"I don't want you to think that rule applies to you" He knew that rule didn't apply to him anyway. I had leaned in a little and we were already sitting quite close. I shook my head as he smirked slightly. He held me a bit more firmly making me smile. "That rule doesn't apply to you"