Chapter 27: Easy As That

A few days had passed, and as per usual, after an argument, we tended to make up. I heard a knock on my door, making me sit up almost instantly rubbing my eyes. It was 3:10 am, whoever knocked at that time? I sat thinking about whether to ignore it, but I happened again so I got up. I checked the mirror really quickly, before walking over to the door, rubbing my eyes again, trying to wake myself up. I breathed out heavily, opening the door and lifting my head up. Luke Grogan stood in front of me, with his hands behind his back. I looked behind him, seeing his door was closed over but it wasn't shut. He finally lifted his head up properly to look at me.

"Luke" I let out breathlessly. "What are you doing here?" I looked back into my flat, blinked a few times trying to focus on the clock, seeing the time and turning back. "At this time..." I finished. He stood in grey joggers and a t-shirt. He frowned quickly, keeping his hands behind his back.

"I can't sleep knowing we aren't okay..." He mumbled, not breaking eye contact. He shrugged lazily. "it's all I think about" My heart sunk, why did he make it so difficult? He doesn't want to be friends, we can't be more than friends but he won't stay away from me. I tilted my head slightly. "I don't quite understand why we're not talking?" He pushed his lips together, hesitating for a moment. "It doesn't make sense in my head..." I was too tired to argue with him. I didn't really know either. I mean he was temperamental and changed how he wanted to be with me every day but it was just the relationship we had.

"I mean, it doesn't make sense because what you done didn't make sense..." I explained, realising it wasn't quite as clear as I wanted it to be. He sighed, shaking his head slowly.

"I don't know why I was pissed off, honestly" I wanted to look away from him, but I couldn't. The more I made eye contact with him the more I gave into him. I laughed quickly, a mixture of confusion and tiredness.

"Well I don't know either" I leaned against the door. His hair was quite flat, obviously because he had been in bed. There was no point asking him to come inside; we were the only two apartments on this floor so we weren't disrupting anymore, even if it was in the middle of the night. He smiled lightly at me, probably because I was still chuckling. "So, what do you want to do?" I shrugged, watching him lick his lips quickly before speaking up. He stood up straight.

"I wanna go back to how we were for the few weeks after I hit you with the door" He smirked, trying to hold in his laugh by biting his lip. "Everything seemed to go really well back then" I thought about it for a while. The way we were was just our relationship, I shouldn't be mad or angry. I stood and thought about it, and the smirk grew on his face, like he knew I was going to give in.

"Okay, let's do it" I mumbled. I didn't want to waste my time arguing with him. After all, he did live opposite me. He grinned as soon as the words left my mouth. "I missed being around you" I spoke at the same volume. He stepped closer and hesitantly put a hand on my face before dropping it to my shoulder. I didn't move, I just watched him. He smiled down at me.

"I missed you" He stated as he moved a piece of hair out of my face. He looked like he was smirking but I think he was just smiling to himself. "We need to stop arguing because I don't like it" he said simply, making me roll my eyes. He was the one who always started the arguments... even if that was slightly biased. I stood on my tip toes and flattened his hair even more, just because a tiny bit of it was sticking up and annoying me.

"Me neither" I whispered. He put his arms out in front of him, raising his eyebrows down at me. I hesitantly stepped into his arms and wrapped mine around him. He squeezed me into him. Butterflies flew around my stomach making me cringe slightly. No matter how hard I tried to stop them I never could. He rocked us lightly, and after a few moments I stepped down. I quickly looked back at the time, and it probably wasn't the right time to ask him this but I was going to anyway.

"Are you coming the gig?" I said randomly. The girls had all bought tickets to a The NBHD gig, and the lads had bought one too but we had no clue whether he had. He frowned instantly, tilting his head to the side.

"What gig?" He asked sceptically. That was a no then.

"Everyone is going to The NBHD gig next week..." I started. We were still in pretty close proximity, closer then we should have been. "I bought you a ticket if you wanted to come" He smirked down at me, I rolled my eyes once again. "This was before we argued mind" I finished, watching him run his hand through his hair, making it stand slightly now. He seemed a little shocked, once again. "You don't have to if you don't want to-"

"I'd love to go with you!" Well we are going with everyone, but okay, if you want to take it that way I'm not complaining. He grinned slightly, making me nod my head.

"I wasn't going to go"He came forward and kissed my forehead, staying for a little while, keeping a hand on my face. I shut my eyes momentarily, nearly falling asleep at the door. He leaned back rubbing my cheek.

"How come?" I shrugged slightly, looking down quickly.

"I didn't think we were going to make up..." He stared at me intensely; that look that makes you want to either jump on him, or jump in a hole and die. "I didn't want to go without you" I drifted off. He bit his lip, scratching the back of his neck.

"We'll always sort things" He said, more to himself than me it was that quiet. "I'll make sure of it I promise" I nodded slightly in a bit of a daze.

"We should go back to bed" I tilted my head just looking at him. He didn't make any attempt to move back into his flat whatsoever. "Go to sleep Luke, it's late..." He nodded his head this time.  He stepped a little closer, making me nervous once again. He grabbed my hand pulling me a little towards him and kissed my cheek.

"Goodnight Katie" He mumbled. I gently brought my hand up to his chest to balance myself, pushing him back so he could go back to his flat. He gravitated towards the door, but as he got there I spoke.

"Luke..." He faced me once again, raising his eyebrows acknowledging me.

"I keep saying we're done" His face fell slightly, and his look was much more serious. "In reality, I don't think I could ever give up on you, you, uh, mean too much to me" He concentrated on me, letting the smile growing bigger and bigger on his face. He placed his hand on his heart. He smirked, biting his lip nodding his head.

"I'm gonna sort this out, okay? Everything will be right between us soon enough I promise"  he walked into his room, quietly shutting the room. There was so much he could have been sorting out, and I was overwhelmed by the possibilities. I mean, I knew he was a technician now, and I thought that was the only thing he couldn't tell me. There was the band thing, but that seemed so surreal to me I never considered it anymore. The girls thought it was ridiculous, and laughed at the idea. I guess I was just going to have to wait and find out.