Chapter 29: Under The Influence

It was party time.

"A TORNADO FLEW AROUND MY ROOM-" I stopped giggling to myself. I frowned, were those the words? Ah well. I stood up, leaning on Cleo's shoulder.

"Where are you going?" She shouted at me, over the blaring music.

"DRINK" I shouted, squeezing through the bodies, not caring who I knocked into on the way. I grabbed a cup from the counter, sipping whatever was in it. I guess safety wasn't my top priority tonight. I ignored the voices of anyone trying to get my attention, skipping out the kitchen door and walking around the house to front garden. The music was loud out here too, so it was great. I stumbled down onto the grass, spilling half my drink as I got down to the floor. I giggled, looking down at the mess I had made on my black dress.

"Katie!" A voice shouted, making me shoot my hand in the air, not looking anywhere in particular. That was my name. I heard giggles before someone came and plopped themselves down next to me.

"Hunny" I turned to face them. Cleo! My eyes shot open, and I threw my hands in the air, flopping down onto her as I gave her a hug. She hugged me back instantly, giggling. "I am going home" She announced. I gasped dramatically.

"Oh no!" I pouted. "Please stay, don't be a party pooper" She looked at me, pushing her lips together as she laughed. She pushed my hair back behind my ear.

"Okay babe, you need to phone Luke" She spoke quickly. I frowned instantly. I may have been drunk, but I knew it wasn't what I needed.

"No!" I spoke quickly, but not as clearly as I wanted it to be. "It's his fault, he missing out on all the fun" I shook my head, but it was more my head falling side to side in quick and harsh moments. I pointed at her. "He is a party pooper too, I don't want him here, he doesn't like me, he lies to me" She grabbed my phone out my hand, ignoring everything I said.

"Babe, it's time to call Luke" She spoke again, trying to persuade me, but I weren't having any of it. She put the phone up to her ear, but tried to hand it to be instantly. "Speak to him" She urged. I pushed it back to her, so she quickly looked at it and put it on speaker.

"Katie?" His voice ran through the phone. I hadn't hear his voice in a good few weeks. I don't know how long it had been, but it had been a long time. I grinned at the fact he wasn't here, he was just through the phone, instantly starting to giggle. "Hello, are you okay?" He spoke again. I sighed loudly, throwing my hand up and down.

"Cleo!" I shouted at her, not intimidatingly at all. "Put the phone down" I demanded. "He doesn't like me" I tried to whisper, failing miserably.

"Cleo, is that you?" He asked, audibly confused.

"Yeah Luke" She smiled softly at me. "Do you think you can come pick her up?" She asked, knowing full well what his answer was going to be.

"Yeah" He said quickly. "I'm on my way" I pushed my face back as she raised an eyebrow at me. How did he know were we where?

"LUKE" I shouted, pointing my finger at him... well, the phone. "Stay where you are! I don't want you" He chuckled down the phone.

"Well, I'm coming whether you like it or not" I frowned, making my eyes wide and shaking my head at Cleo, what had she done?

"Can Aodhan come instead" I whined.

"No, Cleo, you still there?" I rolled my eyes at the fact he still thought he had some kind of authority over me.

"Yeah..." She chimed.

"Can you stay with her till I come please? Don't let her drink anymore" Cleo agreed and hung up. I scoffed, I could drink as much as I wanted.