Chapter 6: Katie 1, Luke 0

I sat day dreaming into the telly. I had so much school work to do, that quite frankly was not getting done tonight. I wasn't going out tonight. I met this guy the other week named Oliver and he asked me out. However, I feel absolutely nothing for the kid, and no better to lead the guy on, but my friends are making a big deal about it, making going out it just not worth it. I bit my lip. My friends were supposed to support me, in what I wanted, and not that I knew what it was but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be staying in the house because of them. I sighed lightly, pushing my lips together. Everyone was out getting drunk, and here I was... In the lad's apartment, watching... (I blinked a few times, letting my eyes adjust to the actual viewing experience) How I Met Your Mother?, a show I didn't even like.

I took a moment to look around the room. All of them were on their laptops, except for Luke. They all seemed to be extremely busy, all the time, regardless of whether they were home or not. I was sitting on a couch which was facing Pete, Luke was sitting on the other end of it. The couch in the middle of both of ours sat Aodhan and Dylan, who were facing the telly directly. I had my earphones in, the show was awful and I had no clue why they watched it. They were hardly even watching it at all. I was lightly moving to the music, watching the pictures silently move around the screen. My eyes wandered again, circling the room, but quickly shot back to Luke. I blinked a few times and realised he was staring at me. I looked back at the telly trying to ignore him. One night without a Luke argument would be great. The episode ended and the next one loaded, they could watch this show for days. I breathed in, turning my head to find him still fucking looking at me. I picked my phone up, deciding to text him instead of shouting at him.

"Stop staring at me." I heard his phone go off and he picked up. I looked over at him smiling cheekily down at it.
"Luke: What makes you think I'm looking at you?" I rolled my eyes.
"Fuck off Grogan, just stop" I went to out my phone down again, but it just vibrated.
"Luke: You've got something black on your head"

I squinted my eyes and looked over at him. He smirked and raised an eyebrow at me. I looked towards the other lads and they had no idea what was going on. I jumped up from the couch, throwing the blanket back, and walked to the mirror behind the couches. There was nothing on my head. Of course there wasn't. Luke burst out laughing getting everyone's attention. I bit my lip, trying not to laugh, it wasn't funny, he was annoying. Luke brushed them all off, and I sat back down grabbing my phone.

"Luke: 😉" I smiled lightly. I shook my head and sat up properly. He was an asshole.
"Luke: It's Friday, why aren't you out with Olivier" I gritted my teeth. Even he had been told about it. God know who else knew. I had to bounce it back, I was done telling him anything important.
"Why aren't you out with Faye?" Who was just some girl he was rumoured to be sleeping with. If he was going to throw rumours in my face, he was going to get them back.
"Luke: I don't like Faye"
"I don't like Olivier"
"Luke: Good, I didn't like him either" I bit my lip.
"I don't like Faye💁🏻" As funny as this situation was, it was just another example of how Luke was only nice to me when no one was around. The boys couldn't see our texts so he didn't care what he said.
"Luke: Faye doesn't like you👀"
"I know that but how do you know that?" I hadn't even looked over at him.
"Luke: It just came up, it doesn't matter because I don't speak to her anymore"
"Was she mad you knew me?"
"Luke: Yeah kinda"
"It might be best if you pretend you don't know me around here Luke, a lot of girls don't like me lmao" A lot of girls liked George. For 4 years, I was the only thing in the way of that.
"Luke: Shut up, I'm not pretending I don't know you
"Luke: They can go fuck themselves if they don't like you, no one picks who I hang out with but me, and I'd pick you any day" I read it and blinked a few times. I looked up at him, and he looked at me but straight back down again. How cute was that. I couldn't help but smile.
"You're not half bad really" I admitted to him.
"Luke: Fuck off you love me" I rolled my eyes.
"Give me a hug😊"
"Luke: Maybe🌚" I looked up at him, watching him push his lips together trying not to smile.
"Come hug me you soft shit" I heard him sniffle, which he always did when he was trying not to laugh.
"Luke: What're you listening to?"
"Come over and see for yourself" I bit my lip, trying to make my heart slow down a little, I don't know why he still made me nervous.