Chapter 9: A Beautiful Coincidence

Do you want to know what one of the best feelings in the world is?

Not waking up with a hangover. Today was one of those lucky days. The dance went alright. The positive note that came from it all is that I knew I was over George. I knew this because I brought George with me. I knew I had been over George for a good year, and I knew he was over me, but for one night we went back to just being friends again, and it was a nice turning point. I shouldn't have brought him. I was telling the truth when I said I wanted him gone forever. He has a girlfriend now, and it's extremely weird that that doesn't bother me whatsoever. He did treat me like shit, but I couldn't just bring anyone to this party. My parents love the bits of him, and although they know we aren't together anymore, they were happy he was there.

I huffed out loudly, dragging myself out of bed when I heard a knock on the door. I stayed at my parents' house last night, so when I woke up this morning I got ready and came straight home, my plan was to go to sleep but obviously, that isn't going to happen. I swung the door open, letting my eyes rest on the blonde tall gorgeous lad that was Luke Grogan. I breathed in, bracing myself for what was about to come. The little argument hadn't left my head since it happened. He stared at me aimlessly. We stood in silent hesitation. I wasn't going to speak first. I sighed slightly, walking back into my flat and leaving the door open. If he wanted to come and sort this I wasn't going to stop him. I should stop him, I should stay away from him. But we all knew that wasn't going to happen. I heard the door slam behind me, I didn't bother sitting down I just turned around to face him. He ran his hand through his hair.

"Did you have a good time last night?" He asked. I pushed my lips together and nodded my head. "Who did you go with?" I looked up at him properly. I clicked my tongue quickly. I breathed in, trying not to fall into his arms entirely by his gaze.

"I brought George" He scoffed quietly, letting his face fall even further than it already was.

"You brought who?" He raised an eyebrow at me, lowering his head. I laughed sarcastically, crossing my arms over.

"You haven't no right to get pissed, okay? I can't just bring anyone!" I said quickly and loudly. "I wanted to bring you!" I let out, trying to soften the blow. He licked his lips before rubbing them together. "You said no and he was the only other person alright? My family love him..." We stood looking at each other, feeling the atmosphere get more intense by the second. I stopped quickly. I shook my body slightly, putting my hand up momentarily. "I don't need to explain myself to you" He frowned at me.

"Your family still think George is your boyfriend" He said lowly, clearly irritated. I shook my head.

"They know we've broke up, but I told them... that we decided it would be best if we stayed friends" I mumbled. He didn't deserve an explanation so I don't know why I was giving him one. His face changed completely, like he had let the thought go and was occupied by something else. He took a breath, stepping closer to me.

"What did you mean when you said it wasn't about the dance?" He asked moving his head around. "Why were you mad at me?" He still didn't know? I shrugged, not wanting to throw any more of my feelings in his face, it's not like I received any back. He shook his head, not accepting it. "Tell me" I rolled my eyes at him. Fuck it.

"It was about trust Grogan..." I spoke softly. My thoughts got the better of me, and I wanted him to understand. I pouted. "I trust you, more than I should and I know you don't trust me back" I said quietly, with no emotion whatsoever. I did not want to admit it at all. He moved so he was directly in front of me, making my tilt my head back up look at him.

"I trust you" He let out. "God, I do and I really don't want you to think any different" He spoke firmly. I laughed sarcastically, but almost so quiet he might not have heard.