Chapter 12: For The Spring

Today was a typical Saturday. I threw my bag on the floor, just getting home from visiting my mother. I had one more assessment before first semester tests was over and I was free for the spring. I was excited, but I still wanted to put as much work into it as I could. I grabbed my phone. I was going to call the girls and see if they wanted to come around tonight. I hadn't seen them in a while since it was exam season, and all of us had different assessments at different times. I scrolled through my notifications, stopping on Luke's text.

"Luke: Are you home?" He messaged about an hour ago.
"Yeah"
"Luke: Come over please" I couldn't be assed.
"Busy"
"Luke: It's important"
"Are you bleeding?"
"Luke: No..."
"Do you have a terminal disease?"
"Luke: Not that I know of..."
"Then I'm busy"
"Luke: I wanna see you"
"Too bad" It was probably just a ploy to get me there anyway. I very quickly got another one.
"Dylan: Can you come over please? We need to speak to ye" I smirked, and decided to go over just to piss Luke off.
"I'm coming"

I closed my door, waiting straight into their flat. Dylan was already laughing. Luke sat with his mouth hanging open, before rolling his eyes at me. He threw his middle finger at me, making me burst out laughing. I knew he was hiding his smirk. They were all sitting on the couches, so I had to sit on the chair. I was becoming increasingly intimidated, waiting for some of them to speak.

"So, what were you doing?" Aodhan asked. I brushed him off, leaning back in the chair.

"Spit it out, Aodhan. What's up?" They all looked between each other and nodded at Aodhan. I guess I would take it best if I was told by Aodhan.

"Uh, you're aware we're from Ireland, right?" I nodded my head. I wasn't stupid. State the obvious Aodhan. None of them were looking at me accept Luke. I switched my gaze between him and Aodhan, since he was speaking. "Well we're going back there for a while... to see our families" My stomach sunk immediately, and my body tensed up, freezing in my seat. My eyes froze on Aodhan. I didn't think it was going to be serious. They were leaving? "It's just for 3 months, then we will be back" I blinked a few times, before looking down. I brushed my lip with my thumb, trying to get my thoughts together. 3 months wasn't a long time, right? I pushed my lips together.

"When are you leaving?" I asked dully, trying to act casual.

"In the middle of the night..." Aodhan spoke. I shot my head up to look at them, but the only one who was looking at me was Luke, and I couldn't look at him.

"What?!" I spoke, moving my head around. "Why am I only just being told?"

"We didn't want the past few weeks to be sad, we wanted our normal fun days before we left!" Aodhan continued, none of them were even speaking, yet Grogan was still the only one looking at me. I pushed my lips out, turning my head to the side in disbelief.

"You made like a million spring plans with me, knowing you were going to be gone for the whole of it" I pointed out. Nothing was ever simple with them.

"We're sorry" He said, he sounded serious, but I was getting tired of their shit, and was going to be quiet about it.

"How are you guys going to pay for this place while you're gone? I doubt you'll be getting your jobs back when you come back here" The place couldn't pay for itself, and they were on minimum wage, just like I was.

"We sorted it all out" Dylan chimed in, without a thought. I laughed falsely out my nose, it was all bullshit. I shrugged, not really caring anymore. They hadn't been real with me from the start.

"Why don't you all just be real with me?" I asked, but none of them answered me. I smiled, brushing them off, it's whatever. I wasn't going to leave on bad terms with them, but I just couldn't take this seriously anymore. I sighed. "Whatever, it's not my place to be mad" I stood up, skipping and jumping on Pete.