Chapter 5: Almost Is Never Enough

It was party night. What better way to plan travel to a party than a group chat

"Party tonight at 9, no excuses! Come round at half 9 so I can ring a taxi x"
"Aodhan: Party?"
"Dylan: 👀" Luke and Pete had both read so I assumed they were all together.
"My mates got a free house, you are all coming and making friends, be ready"
"Luke: Can I drive us there?"
"Are you not drinking?"
"Luke: Taxi it is👌🏻"
"🌚🌚🌚🌚"
"Pete: Can we have the run down at what happens at these parties?"
"Pete: I just want a pros and cons you know..."
"Aodhan: Dude it's a party why are you assessing this"
"Pete: We're in England now bro I just want to know the risks"
"Luke: Oooh shots fired"
"🙄🙄🙄 I think I know what you mean"
"When we get there, it's gonna be full already... There will be loads of girls in there who are rough and READY but have boyfriends so be careful!!!"
"Luke: Hahahaha"
"Dylan: wtf"
"Aodhan: 😂😂"
"Pete: Noted"
"Zack will be at the door, I had no vodka for you guys just give it to him and you'll be fine"
"Aodhan: Why wouldn't we be fine?"
"Luke: Who is Zack?"
"My friend...
"You will be! You just bring drinks tonight house it's just polite I guess"
"Luke: We're driving back the flat now shall we stop at a store?"
"No I've got some bottles here I went before"
"Aodhan: 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻"
"Some lads might come round offering Nintendos... BOYS THEY'RE NOT GAMING CONSOLES THEY'RE PILLS!!! They're ecstasy don't fall into the new guy trap"
"Aodhan: This isn't happening hahahaha"
"Aodhan I'm mainly talking to you😩"
"Dylan: Nintendos what the fuck why are they called that"
"Luke: You don't get on it do you?"
"Idk but be careful okay? The lads are gonna think you're oblivious because you're new and foreign but just say no"
"No I don't take drugs"
"Dylan: This security check is getting intense..."
"Don't worry it's completely safe, no one is going to force you or threaten you, just say no and they'll leave you alone for the rest of the night"
"Luke: We can look out for ourselves"
"I guess you'll be fine then... I'm going to get ready, see you later"

I finally threw my phone down and finished getting ready. I was excited to go to my first party with the lads. It was going to be fun. Judging by his questions, Luke was going to be hostile. I was wearing a simple black dress, with black heels and my hair was straight. I fixed my dress looking down at the mirror one last time, before hearing the door knock. I skipped out of my room, going over to the door. I opened it quickly. Luke stood before me, and I couldn't help but smile at him. He looked fucking hot. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a t-shirt but damn. I tried not to make it obvious I was staring. His eyes went wider and he blinked a few times. He quickly smiled and bit his lip.

"Hey Luke, you look good" I spoke casually, smiling politely at him. My heart starting to beat a little faster, but I pushed the feelings so far back. I stepped back, holding the door open giving him space to walk through.

"Hey, you look gorgeous yourself" He stepped forward. He picked my hand up, kissing it lightly letting it back down. I bit my lip, trying not to smile too much. Looks like I was wrong. He was going to be nice to me today. An odd occasion I did not take advantage of. I checked no one was down the hallway before shutting the door. I turned around to face him. "The lads are nearly finished!" He confirmed. I nodded. "Do you drink a lot?" He asked me. I smiled, trying to hold it in. I leaned on the arm of the couch. He didn't hesitate to walk over and stand right in front of me.

"Sometimes, I have cheerleading in the morning though so I'm not going hard..." He chuckled.

"Home early for you then?" I frowned, shaking my head.

"Hell no!" I don't need to be pissed to have a good time!" He smiled at me. "How about you?" I spoke, acting like his smile wasn't affecting me in the slightest.