Chapter 22: False Hope

"Italy would be amazing" Cleo lit up enthusiastically. "Katie and I have always wanted to go there" I smiled, letting it reach my eyes, agreeing with her.

"Okay, we're 100% making it our next girls trip" Joey chimed in, making my lift my shoulders up grinning. We all squealed over the music, as we had the beginning of the next holiday. Cleo got up, running to the corner of the run, squeezing past all the bodies to change the song.

"Yo, yo, yo" We all turned our heads, watching the lads enter the room. I blinked a few times, waiting for my neighbours to come in. They were supposed to be here, whether they would come or not was a different matter. I smirked as they came into view. Of course, all the girls got distracted by them. I ignored them, leaning my head back to see Luke walking towards me. I smiled as he came over me, leaning to stick his tongue out. I giggled, standing up and walked around to him. I held my fists up playfully, slowing going to punch him. He had the same smirk on his face that he always did. He held his hands up and I started punching his hands, thinking I was tough but I wasn't moving him. 

"Hey, I'm not drinking tonight" He spoke, being the first words he said to me. Me and Luke had a policy, and if he wasn't drinking neither was I, and vice versa.

"Okay, cool, me neither then" He smiled momentarily. I carried on punching him, and he made a dive for around my head. I didn't know it was coming, so he gently hit me in the head. His eyes shut, shaking his head at how stupid I was. I giggled, as he threw his arm around me, giving me a side hug quickly. I spun away letting him lean against the back of the couch. 

"You been busy?" He asked.

"A little yeah, I was in London the other day" He frowned.

"You were?" I nodded. He pushed his lips together. "I didn't know you were gone" I smiled and nodded, not thinking anything of it.

"What about you?" I questioned.

"I wasn't in London that's for sure..." He let out irritated. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Grogan, come on..."

"It's not hard to tell me you're 6 hours away" He shot. I pulled a face at him, laughing sarcastically.

"You don't even tell me when you're out the country, so..." I shook my head, showing him how condescending he was being.

"Whatever" He mumbled, defeated. We stood staring at each other for a sound few seconds. "Do you want a ride home?" I shook my head.

"Harry's taking me home" He just stared at me.

"Harry Oak?" I nodded, watching him pull a face. My heart skipped a little. "Since when have you spoke to him?" He said pressingly. 

"I haven't" I said quieter. He was waiting for me to explain, but there wasn't much explanation.

"Didn't know... you even, liked him?" He shook his head, trying to get his words out correctly. I didn't. I looked down, signing before lifting my head back up to meet his gaze.

"I don't, we met him the other day" He lifted an eyebrow. "He, he texted me and asked me out the other day" He looked so asshole like. That's the only way I could describe it, just visibly arrogantly, and I wasn't going to lie, I loved it. Me and Luke were renowned friends now, and as much as I wasn't emotionally invested in any one else whatsoever, I couldn't let it show that I wasn't.

"He isn't your type..." He smirked slyly. "Whatsoever" He stood up from the couch and stepped closer to me. 

"What's my type?" I tilted my head. My heart sunk in my chest, he knew exactly what he was doing. He knew he was my type. He still made me nervous. He knew he made me nervous.