Chapter 30: A Blind Eye

I felt a hand in mine, making me frown instantly and stir. My eyes flicker open, a little too sensitive to the light.  I almost relaxed as my mind reminded me I was in Luke's bedroom, but I tensed up at the same time. I turned around to the side of me, finding Luke lying next to me, blinking awake just like I did. I sat up, sliding my hand out of his. I knew I went out last night but I know for sure Luke wasn't at that party. I sat for a second, trying to revaluate my body. I didn't have a headache which I was thankful for, and I didn't feel sick, which was a first. Had I escaped the hangover? What I needed to know was why I was here. I looked down, why I was in his clothes? Why I had made my way to him after everything? He rubbed his eyes gently, running his hand through his hair before flattening it out on his head. I gulped harshly, waiting for him to say something, but I couldn't control my anticipation. I shook my head, trying to think of the words.

"What am I doing here?" He smirked, amused by my confusion as he raised his arms and stretched out, letting a small groan escape his lips. Morning Luke was a lovely Luke to see.

"Good morning to you too" He mumbled, relaxing in place and leaning back against the headboard. I shook my head around waiting for an explanation, but he just looked at me, letting the tension build.

"Why am I in your bed?" I spoke quickly, a little louder as I found my voice. His mouth fell open slightly as he licked his teeth. He rolled his eyes as I glared at him.

"Chill" He spoke lowly. I breathed in, just waiting for an answer. He raised an eyebrow, looking seriously at me for a moment. "You really think I'd take advantage of you?" I relaxed a little, dropping my front. Obviously not.

"I weren't accusing you of anything" I spoke shrugging. "I just wanted to know why I'm here" I urged. He raised his eyes tiredly, scratching the back of his head. He licked his lips slowly.

"Do you remember any of last night?" He asked. I sat for a moment, the last thing I remembered was dancing with the girls in the house, I was meant to be going straight home.

"I don't think so" I mumbled, feeling the blush spread across my cheeks. I looked down and I was wearing clothes that I must have left here and his hoodie. I heard him chuckle, making my look back up at him.

"I got a phone call from your phone" He started, making me turn properly, sitting cross-legged facing him. I pulled my covers up a little, pressing my face into his duvet. He sat, clearly amused by the entire story. "I ended up speaking to Cleo because you were shouting at me" I rolled my eyes subtly. He pushed his lips together. "I came to pick you up, and you didn't want to go home" I frowned. "I didn't want you staying out in that state so I brought you here" We just looked at each other. "To be honest, I wouldn't have let you stay at yours by yourself regardless of whether you wanted to" He finished. I surely wasn't that bad. I squinted slightly.

"If I was that bad, why aren't I feeling it now?" I asked, confused at how I wasn't hungover in the slightest. He laughed out his nose shortly.

"I made you drown your insides in the car home" He spoke, looking away from me to grab his phone from the nightstand. Surely that wasn't all that happened. I wasn't on good terms with the boy, I wouldn't have let him bring me home so easily. "Well, I told you it was liquor but same principle" He mumbled, engaged with his phone. He started typing on it, before placing it back down and giving me his attention back. I bit the inside of my lip.

"What really happened?" I mumbled. His jaw tensed visibly, making me anxious as to what really happened. Surely, it wasn't that bad otherwise I wouldn't have been in his bed.

"You want the detailed story?" He posed, making me nod. He pushed his lips out, nodding slowly. He tilted his head to the side and breathed in.

"Cleo phoned me" He started. "You were shouting that you didn't want me to come, obviously" He rolled his eyes slightly. "I got to Oliver's house and found you, but as soon as you saw me, you ran away" I let out the softest smile, knowing I wouldn't have went with him so easily. "I caught you and you got upset because you didn't want to go home with me but as soon as you seen my car you got excited and ran to it" I looked up to the side of the room, disappointed in myself. Damn it.  "You seen more alcohol..." I looked back to him as he carried on. "you tried to run away so I had you pinned to the car" He coughed out, trying to hide his smirk. "We stood around for a little then-"