The Knife

This is another Klance proposal idea.

Lance sat on his bed, looking at Keith's broken blade beside him. Although he had tried to fix it as best he could, the tanned boy couldn't fix the blade perfectly. He also didn't know how to tell his boyfriend that he had broken one of his most prized possessions. Keith had forgotten it there the other night and was now trusting Lance to hold onto the blade until they see each other again, which would be soon.

That was when Lance's phone dinged, and his body stiffened when he saw the name of the sender. Shit.

Keith: Hey

Lance: Hey babe

Keith: What's up?

Lance: Just sitting in bed, admiring the blade

Shit, why did I say that. Lance just realized that he had brought up a conversation that he did not want to have.

Keith: It's still in one piece right?

Lance: Well...

Keith: Well?

Keith: What happened to it?

Lance: I had Pidge over today to hang out and we were goofing around and she broke it...

Keith: WHAT?!

Keith: PIDGE BETTER BE READY TO DIE

Lance felt his gut tie into a knot when he saw Keith's words. Who was he to place the blame on his friend? He couldn't lie to Keith, or stab Pidge in the back. So he rushed to correct himself.

Lance: Wait...

Keith: Wait?

Lance: It was me...

Keith: What?

Lance: I tried to fix it and it looks pretty good...

Keith: I'm coming over!

Lance: Okay

Keith left his home in minutes and quickly made his way to Lance's home. How could Lance break the blade and not tell him? It really pissed him off and he didn't know what to think. But Lance couldn't have done it on purpose.

When he got to the home, Lance was already standing in the front with the door open behind him. He gave Keith a sad and weak smile as the raven haired male came up to the door. "Let me see it."

"Do you want to come in?"

"Let me see the blade Lance!" Keith was fuming, Lance felt the ball forming in his throat as he tried to not let his voice crack. Lance held open the door and moved out of the doorway.

"It's in the kitchen..." Keith stepped in and Lance closed the door behind his boyfriend and lead the way to the kitchen. He didn't know what to say but only gestured to the knife that sat on the table before going to go grab lactose free strawberry milk.

When the tanned male turned to face his boyfriend, he saw the other male looking down at the blade that was now glued together. Lance could see how upset Keith was no matter how hard the raven haired male tried to hide it. Lance felt the lump grow even more in his throat and felt the guilt butterflies swarm his stomach.

"I'm so sorry... I tried my best to fix it." He placed the milk in front of Keith and sat across from him. He had to fight the urge to look away when Keith's purple eyes met his blue ones.

"You could tell where you glued it..." Lance swallowed a gulp of his own milk. He felt really guilty and seeing how upset Keith was to the point where his boyfriend was being blunt with him made him have to hold back sobs.