Get Away ~ Zombie AU ~ Klangst

**WARNING** This chapter includes angst. For those who don't know, it includes either someone dying or getting seriously injured sometimes even depressing feelings and sad stuff like that. If you don't like it don't read. This may also be very graphic. Also credits to the artist of the comic that pretty much inspired this whole one shot.
Guys don't kill me when this is done!!!

They were running. Gun shot ringing out of the pistol that the tanned boy held in his hand. Figures fell to the floor as bullets flew through their heads. Some were fast, the ones who used to do sports no doubt. That was before they caught the disease. The disease that turned many into monsters but the few that were immune or the ones that escaped to the safe place, like Lance's family.

Keith was immune, no family, stuck in his shack when he first got attacked by the flesh hungry monsters that used to be called people. Lance had shown up just in time to get him out. Maybe that was what lead to the two gaining feelings to each other, eventually falling in love. and joining Voltron together.

Voltron. A survival group that went to find supplies and a cure. A team with only seven members, everyone else never wanted to go back out. The team that was immune to the disease and able to fight.

That's how the day had started. Keith and Lance going out for supplies. They ran into the monsters before they knew they were there. They had gotten attacked, no help in the area, only the two of them. No service, only weapons. No way to get back to their truck, only able to run into the forest.

They ran. Both breathing heavily as zombies chased them. The bloody used-to-be humans thirsting for their flesh. The only thing the two men could do was run. Run and fight back until they found a safe place to camp out.

Lance occasionally stopped, whipping around to shoot a couple in the head. Trying to slow down their hunters. Every one that had gotten too close was ripped apart by Keith's blade, as if it was being put through a shredder.

That's when Lance stopped for the twentieth time. Whipping around to find a zombie jumping on him. "Shit!"

His yell was loud, he tried to push it off but never was he good at hand to hand combat, he could not even shoot a gun when a zombie was biting at his face. In his head he only heard the words, 'don't let it bite you... do not let it infect you.'

Lance was not immune like Keith, he could get infected. As more zombies jumped on Lance, the only thing that could be heard was their weird gurgling noises and Keith's yells as he ripped the monsters off of his boyfriend.

Then came the bite, Lance's yell. Keith pulling him out of the pile and helping him walk to a cottage that was in the middle of a group of trees. Keith grunted at having to carry Lance's weight as he attempted to retreat the attacking monsters. "Lance you have to help me..."

They made it in, hiding and boarding up the windows and doors, only little light making shining through the cracks in the boards. Then Keith turned back to where he left Lance on the floor.

The tanned boy had tears running down his cheeks, one of his pant legs pulled up to show a very bloody bite mark dig into his perfect skin. "B-Babe..."

Keith was by Lance side, holding the man as he cried. His hand covered the bite as if to shield Keith from it. Keith just held him close. Let Lance cry before actually worrying for the bite. He could not lose Lance like this, not to something like this.

"I-it hurts... It hurts alot..."

"Shh, I know..." Keith felt heart shattering, hoping the bite was not as bad to where it would infect Lance. He needed to see it to be sure. "Let me see..."