The Blade of Marmora ~ Lance's POV

Spoilers ahead for anyone who had not watched Season 4 of Voltron. Also this is going to be a two part story, one part Lance's POV and the second part is Keith's POV.

I watched as Shiro hugged Keith, the familiar pang of jealousy overcame me. But I could not pay attention to that, what really hurt was the fact that Keith was leaving the team, leaving me. I guess the group hug covered up for me when i wanted to hug him myself.

When he left the Garrison I was hurting enough but I had just became close with him now. But he had to leave again, this time forever.

"We are going to miss you!" Pidge had cried in the hug. I knew I had to say something, to keep a smile on my face.

"Yeah, who am I going to make fun of?" After that I could not remember everyone else's words. I could only think of him. Him and his stupid mullet, and how he just found his way to my heart without knowing.

I hated him, I hated him for doing this to me. Yet, as I hugged Hunk and watched Keith walk out of the room I fought back the gut quenching feeling in my chest and the burning in my eyes. Every question ran through my head, every doubt.

Why did he not want to stay? Why was he not wanting to lead the team? What did we do to make him feel like he deserved to be somewhere else? I had overheard what Allura had said to Keith the other day when he came back from the mission with the Blade of Marmora. I heard her tell him that we could not go on without him but the Blades can. She was right, none of us can go on without him after all we have been though since we had become paladins, since he became leader.

He was gone. Now only an ally to Voltron, no longer a part of our team. We were his family and I hated that he had to leave because of his feelings. Why had he not come to me? Why had he not spoken to us?

"Guys, I'm going to bed..." I let go of Hunk and left. Made my way down the halls of the castle to find my bedroom. I did not know how much longer I could hold back the sadness, how much I could hold back the heartbreak that nobody knew of.

Before I knew it I was in my room, alone, hugging my pillow. The tears streamed down my face as I let out choked sobs. I had already whipped everything I could grab across the room in anger. I mentally cursed him, but he did not know.

I did not hear my door open, did not notice the footsteps come closer to me. I only notice the unexpected weight rest behind me on the bed. I was busted. Somebody caught me.

"Leave me alone..." The hand that rested on my shoulder was familiar, but was not one from anyone currently part of the team. No it was his.

"Do you really want that Lance?" It was Keith.