➣ erik lehnsherr

yes, this a gif from 'Shame', but it's michael ehehe 

Erik losing you to

---

It was like a flash of lightning. It all happened so fast. One moment you were helping your best friends on the beach, the next moment you were on the floor, clutching your stomach as you bled out. Moira had been shooting bullets at Erik in attempt to distract him from sending the missiles flying into groups of innocent men. He deflected each one, and you - trying to distract him so he wouldn't hurt anyone else - decided to step behind Erik the moment he sent a bullet flying to the side. Unfortunately, the bullet seemed to lodge itself in you, a chance moment in which you knew you were finally going down. When you've had many near-death experiences, you have some experience with feeling like... this is it, this is my last moment of existence. This time it was real. You could hear Erik's strangled cry as you fell to the floor, knees buckling until you lied flat on the ground, shock subsiding the pain to a dull sting. "No, no, no, no, no, please no." You'd been one of Erik's closest friends, the only one who could understand him even more than Charles, the one he trusted the most and cared for the most. You gave him the ability to be brave in the moments where he couldn't do it alone. And now, his hand was stained in your blood as he applied pressure to the wound, your head on his knees as he kelt down, whispering soothing words into your ears. "Don't worry, (Y/N), we're going to fix you, everything's going to be okay." But you knew it wasn't... there was no one around to help you and you couldn't get in communication with anyone outside of here. Your breathing became jagged as Charles joined your side, clutching your hand. "Oh, my sweet (Y/N). I'm so so so sorry, this is all my fault." This is the last thing you wanted, Erik to blame himself.

"Erik." You breathed, bringing a blood stained hand to his other large hand and clutching it gently. You felt so small in his embrace as he leaned down to kiss your forehead, tucking some hair behind your ear. "When I'm gone... don't blame this on yourself, please. I k-know how you get. I know what you'll try to do... just... stay here a little longer with everyone. I need you t-to live your life w-without me in it." You could feel it now, the light dragging you out like a strong current in the ocean.

"Please don't leave me, you know I can't live without you, darling." He choked back his tears, his voice breaking. With your abilities, you could feel the pain he was going through as you touched him, his very agony making forced tears fall from your eyes. He had endured so much pain, lost so much and been hurt so many times, you didn't know how he was going to do it again. "(Y/N)... I'm so sorry. I- I never got to say what I needed to say." Your breathing became shallow, coming out in soft gasps as you tried to hold on for dear life.

"Say it now, Erik. Please."

"(Y/N)... I... I- I love you. You can't leave me now, not when I've come to terms with it. I thought we could be together, have a nice life and one day a nice family. Doesn't that sound nice?" He asked, smiling at the thought and kissing your hand. "Just please stay... I want to make that a reality." Sadly, you couldn't... you already felt light, like your body was nothing and you were finally going to get to see the light at the end of the tunnel, like every book and movie you'd ever watched promised.

"Erik." You choked out, clutching onto his hand with all the strength you had left. "I love you too." And that's when you saw it... the bright light. Charles and Erik were fading, their voices to keep you together muffled, and you let it drag you under. Your head turned to the side and your pupils dilated, breathing stopped and chest unmoving.

"No..." Erik sobbed, his hand still hanging onto yours. He gave in and sobbed completely while he put his head on your stomach, his body convulsing with each violent sob as he realized what he just lost. "Not my baby... not my baby... please, oh god." He picked up your limp body and rocked back and forth, feeling like his sobbing could be heard from halfway across the world. But he wasn't sobbing anymore. He was screaming. In fear? In anger? Just to scream? He didn't know. The pain radiating through his body was so unbearable that he didn't know how else to express his loss. He loved you. Really loved you. And now he was too late.

Nobody said a word. Just watched as Erik turned from a sarcastic and bitter person to someone without his guard or walls up. Just Erik. Not Magneto. Just... Erik Lehnsherr. Charles sat by Erik as he gently placed your body back on the ground, thinking that if he looked at it for another second he would throw up. He couldn't stand how... lifeless you looked. The spark from your eyes was gone, your body pale and blue. "Erik." The familiar voice of his friend Charles snapped him out of his thoughts, looking at him and trying to focus on something else. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, there was nothing you could have done." His eyes were puffy and his cheeks were sticky from tears. His hand was also painted with the crimson that was your blood. Erik slowly began to break down again, and Charles didn't even have to read his mind to understand what was going on with him. He inched closer to his friend and pulled him in for an embrace, the two of them unable to bear the pain of someone close to them.

"I could've seen her. I could have not flicked them off to the side. I could have never have turned the missiles towards the men. I could have never have killed Shaw. I could have done a lot of things."

"Hey, remember what (Y/N) said, alright? She doesn't want you to blame yourself okay? You're going to live a long, long life and when we die, we're going to see her; but it's too soon now. We have to wait, okay?" Erik nodded, giving his friend a nod of acknowledgement before standing up, wiping the tears off his face and taking one last look at your body.

"Let's give this girl a proper send-off."

---

Yay!! It's actually good I'm so proud of this one!

Have a great day my lovelies xx