➣ thor odinson

thor comforting you after a nightmare

---

you woke up a screaming, sobbing, sweaty mess. another nightmare, filled with the deaths of the ones you loved and the innocent ones standing by and watching. it was normal at this point, but nobody should have to live like this. this was the worst one yet, it all felt so real and you felt the pain everyone was feeling, it was the worst one you'd ever had.

as if on cue, thor came bounding through the door, asking if you were okay and looking at your panting frame sitting up in the bed. "my darling, are you alright?" he asked, kneeling down beside your bed and taking both of your hands in his. still sobbing, you collapsed against your chest as you sobbed against his chest. he lovingly shushed you and stroked your hair as you continued to cry against his chest. 

"it's alright, it's alright shhhh... you're safe now, i've got you, you're safe now." he shifted his position so he was on the bed, one of his hands tracing mindless patterns against your back, the other stroking your hair gently. he kissed your temples as you began to calm down, now just pulling him into a hug; he kissed the top of your head as he pulled you close to his chest. 

"i'm never going to let anything bad happen to you, i promise. you'll always be safe as long as i am alive. whatever happened in your dream wasn't real..." he turned your head upwards so you could look at him, one of his hands interlocking itself with your hand. "but this is real. i'm real and i'm right here, and i'm never leaving your side. i promise you, my love, i promised from the moment i met you that i wouldn't let anything put you in harms way. unfortunately i cannot help you with the images your own mind creates, but i can be here to soothe them away when they come bounding in to hurt you. i feel a great swell of pity for anyone who comes to harm you, because i swear to the gods i will hurt them in ways they couldn't imagine."

you snuggled yourself against his chest as you lied down, your eyes already beginning to flutter shut as you felt at peace again. "i love you." you whispered, draping your arm across his strong chest, his thumb stroking your cheek as he kissed your head.

"i love you too, rest now darling."

---

shit