➣ clint barton

wanting you back
DURING AGE OF ULTRON
short-ish

BECAUSE 5sos's NEW ALBUM CAME OUT AND I'M OBSESSED

---

You'd left him. You'd left him for good because you couldn't stand the thought of having an emotional attachment to someone who could die right next to you during a mission. It only made things worse, as you were still an Avenger and constantly had to be next to him. By god, you missed him. You missed everything about him and you couldn't shake the feeling of it. You wanted him back, but you were almost positive he didn't.

You'd left him. You'd left him for good and it left a hole in him like you'd never know. Of course, he could understand where you were coming from, but the pain was unbearable. It only made things worse, as you were working on the same team and within the same proximity 24/7. By god, he missed you. He missed everything about you and he couldn't shake the feeling of it. He wanted you back, but he was almost positive you didn't.

You looked stunning. A tight (f/c) dress that hugged your curves and emphasized all the right places. You'd felt as if you'd overdressed, but it was Tony Stark's party, so you figured everyone would be dressing fancy. As soon as you came down the stairwell, you made eye contact with Clint. His eyes widened as you entered the room, his heart seeming to stop; you always seemed to have that effect on him, no matter what you were wearing.

"(Y/n)." Stark said, walking up to you and kissing your cheek. "You look ravishing!" He said, already handing you your favorite drink and leading you to the couch where everyone was sitting. You just smiled politely at him and took a sip of the drink, noting how good the alcohol tasted after not having it in a long time.

The rest of the team greeted you with polite hellos and some even got up to hug you as you sat down, crossing your legs. Joining the conversation, you lost track of how many drinks you'd had but you were definitely buzzed and having a great time. Everyone even had a competition to see who could lift Thor's hammer - needless to say you did not win. "I'm going to get myself another drink." You said, standing up and brushing off your dress before walking over to the bartender.

The rest of the team could see Clint's detachment since you'd walked away. He'd watched you, watching your every movement, missing the small things you used to do. He'd seen the way you ordered with big hand gestures and giggled with your friendly personality. The freckles on the back and the way he used to make you laugh, and the tears streaming down your cheeks when you told him you wouldn't work out. He could still smell your perfume in the bedsheets, the dent in the bed evident to him and the nights colder without your touch.

 He could still smell your perfume in the bedsheets, the dent in the bed evident to him and the nights colder without your touch

"Hey (Y/n)?" You turned around at the sound of your name, a big smile already spread across your face. It dropped a bit when you saw a sad looking Clint behind you, avoiding eye contact with you. "D-do you think we could talk? In private?" You were almost scared to ask, based on his tone, but you just nodded and obliged, his tone concerning you.

After the party had died down and everyone had left, both of you sad down on the couch and sat in silence for what seemed like hours. He spoke first. "I miss you." The statement startled you, but before you could open your mouth, he continued to ramble. "I miss you like crazy, you're all that I think about. No matter where I go, no matter what I do, no matter how long you're gone... I'm always going to want you back. I can't shake it... I just... I need you, I miss you." His voice was breaking by the time he was done, looking down and eliminating eye contact with you.

You'd scooted closer to him, using your hands and placing them under his jawline. The familiar feeling of your hands on his face caused him to sigh, immediately finding the strength to look up at you. "Clint..." You whispered, stroking the back of your fingernails against his cheekbone. "I miss you too..." His eyes seemed to light up at this, a small smile cracking at his lips.

"Really?" He was like a child getting candy. "W-wait... what does this mean?"

You smiled at him, resting your thumbs against his jawline.  "It means we're getting back together, idiot."

---

idk how to end this but here