➣ peter parker

peter telling you he lost the stark internship
(in this he hasn't told Ned about him being Spider-Man)

(he looks so sad omg i'm going to fucking stab a bitch if something happens to him in Infinity War)

---

You and Aunt May were pacing in their apartment, worried sick about where Peter could be, both thinking the worst possible situations but never daring to share any of them. Suddenly, you heard a knock at the door and before you could even gasp May was already at the door, opening it and sighing out of relief and frustration. She walked away, putting a hand in her hair, debating whether or not to murder him right there or lecture him. There stood a teary eyed Peter Parker, wearing pajamas 12 sizes too big for him, his hear disheveled and dark circles under his eyes. "Peter..." You sighed out of relief and ran up to him, wrapping him up in a giant hug; he wrapped his arms around you, letting out a shuddering breath against your shoulder. "Peter, are you okay?" You felt a subtle shake of the head against your shoulder, so you hugged him tighter and placed your hand in his hair.

When you two had finally parted, Aunt May's heel-clicking pacing stopped and he finally looked Peter dead in the eyes. Peter's face softened and you saw the child come out, breaking you even more. "We've been calling you all day... but you didn't answer your phone." She bit her lip and raked her nails through her hair. "Then this ferry thing happens... I've called five police stations. Five. I've called five of your friends, I've called Ned's mother, I've-"

"May, May I'm fine. I'm okay, honestly just relax, I'm fine." Peter said, interrupting his frenzy as May turned around, making eye contact with Peter.

"Cut the bullshit." She said, making Peter tense up. "I know you left detention, I know you left the hotel room in Washington, I know you sneak out of this house every night. That's not fine. Peter, you have to tell us what's going on!" He looked over at you, tears in his already red-rimmed and tired eyes; he then looked down at the ground in shame, unable to bring himself to make eye contact. "Just lay it out, it's just us." There was a brief pause in the atmosphere as he took in a shuddering breath, face still towards the ground.

"I lost the Stark Internship." His voice broke, a tear slipping out of his eye.

"What?" You said, looking at him with a sympathetic look. You knew how much the internship meant to him. "Wh-What happened?"

"I just thought that I could work really hard and he would... he would, y'know..." His voice cracking, speaking the broken words as he sat down on the couch; you quickly sat next to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. May stood there with a shocked expression on her face, her anger melting away and feeling sympathy for the broken boy in front of her. "But... I-I screwed it up..."

You bit your lip and placed one of your hands in his hair, stroking the hair on the back of his head soothingly. Eventually he just picked up his head and wrapped you in for a hug, crying silent tears on your shoulder.

"Oh, Peter I'm so sorry." May said, running a hand through her hair, not knowing what to do and just standing there, looking at the spectacle in front of her. He just tried to hold in his sobs against you, short, shuddering breaths coming from his mouth as you whispered reassuringly in his ear.

"I'm sorry I made you worry." His shaky voice articulated, but you shook your head and just kept stroking his back soothingly. You kissed his temple lovingly, turning your eyes to May and mouthing: 'can i stay over?' You gestured towards Peter with your eyes, making her nod automatically, but pointed towards the sky, meaning 'top bunk'. You gave her a weak half smile and continued to console your broken friend.

-

"(Y/n)? Are you still awake?" You heard the voice below you whisper, and you quickly shifted in the bed to look down at Peter below you.

"Yeah, yeah I'm awake. What's wrong Peter?" It was normal for you to have sleepovers, since you'd been friends since you were 6 years old, it was a normal occurrence. This time you didn't have any clothes, so Peter let you borrow his boxers and an oversized tee-shirt he had in his closet. 

"Can you come down here?" You giggled and tied up your hair so it wouldn't fall in your face.

"Alright, but if I fall asleep you're going to have to wake up early. May can't see us like this." He forced a smile and watched you climb down the latter, landing on the ground with cat-like silence and jumping into the bed with Peter. "Are you okay?" You ask as he offers you a spot under the covers, and you knew he really wasn't feeling alright if he needed this level of consolation. The room was totally dark, so it was difficult for you to see his face.

"No, if I'm being honest..."

"Yeah, I know how much that internship meant to you..." You said, cuddling up with him and placing a hand on his chest, your head nestling within the crook of his neck. Cuddling was also a normal occurrence between you two, as neither of you were dating anyone it was nice to have a best friend to fall back on. "You deserve so much better than Tony Stark." You said, closing your eyes but being careful not to drift off.

"I don't know, the internship it was... it was everything to me." You nodded, nuzzling him and making him shut his eyes as well.

"I know Peter, I know..." You said, not knowing what else to say in this situation. Peter hadn't told you anything about the internship, he hadn't even told Ned anything important. Not yet at least. "I'm sorry, really I am... I don't really know how to comfort you."

"You being here is enough." He said, kissing the top of your head and smiling as he'd suddenly felt tired. All of that crying had really worn him out.

He was aching to tell you. Honestly he was, it would make his life so much easier if he could just tell you. But he knew that would endanger you and everyone you loved, so he decided that he'd have to hold of. Even though he loved you more than anything in this world and you told each other everything, he had to keep his secret from you. Sure, you were suspicious as to where he was going when he disappeared like that, but you would never pressure him too hard as you noticed he would always change the subject. Soon enough, he felt your breath become heavier and heard you snuffle against his neck, knowing you were asleep by now.

"I'll protect you..." He whispered, kissing the top of your head again protectively and pulling you closer to his chest. "No matter what, suit or not... I'll protect you."

"I promise."

---

i'm literally getting too hype for infinity war it's less than a month away and i'm nOT READY