➣ peter quill

you save them with powers he didn't know you had

idk why Wattpad keeps deleting the things i publish but here

---

"there are too many of them! we have to run!" gamora shouts, firing her gun blindly into the air, the aliens swarming like bees around us, our guns barely having any effects. "peter, we have to make a move! it's your call." you were going to admit, you were really scared. you knew this wouldn't be a good idea from the start, you knew that not even your team would be able to fight against thanos and his fleet. gamora was right, you had to run, now. though you couldn't leave everyone else, you had to make some sort of move; there was no way you could exploit your powers in front of them. they had no idea, what if they threw you out? honestly, there was no other choice in this situation. closing your eyes, you felt tears well up in them as you outstretched your arms, concentrating on lifting the pieces of shrapnel surrounding everyone. with a breath, you focused your energy and launched your arms out in the direction of thanos, the shrapnel flying directly towards him. a burst of energy flew throughout you, your vision going blurry as you saw orange sparks erupting around you.

everyone froze what they were doing, staring at the spectacle going on in front of them; you could feel your energy draining

everyone froze what they were doing, staring at the spectacle going on in front of them; you could feel your energy draining. peters' eyes widened, his eyebrows raising as he just watched you; he knew you were different but not like this, and honestly, he dug it. your eyes began to shift in color, feeling an overwhelming surge of power tear it's way through you, you'd never felt this before.

you felt your feet begin to lift involuntarily off the ground, an ear piercing scream erupting through the air as you felt yourself slipping in a weird way

you felt your feet begin to lift involuntarily off the ground, an ear piercing scream erupting through the air as you felt yourself slipping in a weird way. it had been a long time since you'd unleashed your power, especially at this rate and proximity, it was almost becoming dangerous now as you didn't even know if you were hitting your target. based on the grunting coming from thanos, you figured you were at least making a dent. once the team had gotten out of their amazement with your powers, they began to recognize their role, shooting at thanos with everything they had. you could tell thanos was becoming weaker, especially with your increase in power. you decided to add more and more, almost until it became painful for you; you screamed, feeling the world break off around you until all it became was power.

 you decided to add more and more, almost until it became painful for you; you screamed, feeling the world break off around you until all it became was power

thanos disappeared, opening a portal and fleeing, probably to regain his power once again. you relaxed completely, immediately peter running underneath you at the perfect time, catching you (or at least attempting to) as you fell once again to earth. it surprised both you and him at the fact that you were still conscious, but you were definitely weaker than you were before. "(y/n)? are you okay?" he desperately asked, tucking the stray hairs behind your ears and giving you a gentle smile, holding your hand in his.

"i'm okay, i'm okay." you said attempting to sit up, peter's hand on your back. 

"why didn't you tell us you had powers? we could've used them sooner." he chuckled, the rest of the team jogging over to make sure you were okay.

"i thought you'd throw me out." you shook your head, holding it as a pulsing feeling began to take over. "i thought it'd be dangerous."

"we'd never throw you out, you're family now." peter nodded, outstretching an arm to help you to your feet. "you saved our asses, thanks for that." he said, looking at the fallen ships on the floor with the dead aliens limp in the drivers seats. "come on, our fight isn't over yet."

you sighed, taking peters hand as he led you towards tony and his team, coming over the hill of rubble to see what all the ruckus was. the fight was never going to be over, and you knew that. you had a million questions. how long would it be before thanos returned? how long would it take for your powers to come back? what if your powers didn't work at the right time?

who else would you lose during this fight?

---

idk if this is peter or not but