➣ peter parker

anxiety post IW

these are my predictions

i need this for S-MH2

---

Everything was supposed to go back to the way it was. And it did, for everyone else in the world. Everyone who didn't personally know any of the avengers. With Steve, Thor, Bruce... Tony. With all of them gone, it seemed like you had nothing to hold on to. And sure, the world mourned their deaths with mass tributes and gatherings, but nothing could make up for the pain you and Peter felt. You had to watch your father figure die in front of you, then watch your best friend die slowly, crumbling bit by bit as the months after the war went on. To the rest of the world, it wasn't even a war, just an epidemic that spread and destroyed the universe. To you, it was so much more than just a war.

So you sat in math class, taking a stupid algebra test you couldn't even study for; again, that was the least of your priorities. Getting dressed was a struggle, covering your scars and bruises with makeup was no easy task, even walking out the door to a world that didn't stop for Tony Stark was unbearable. But, that wasn't your main problem. Your main problem was Peter. He took the deaths tougher than you did; understandable, as he looked up to the Avengers and had met them all long before you had. It was the nightmares, the panic and anxiety attacks, the depression, the crying... the non-stop crying. You'd kept it all inside, crying on your own and coming at Peter's beck and call; you never failed to comfort him when he was sad.

Tapping your pencil against the desk and chewing at your nails, you felt a small attack rising up in your chest, attempting to swallow it down with all of the water in your bottle. Nothing could work - the period was half-way done and you hadn't even answered the first question. Peter - a couple of rows across from you - had started breathing raggedly, only detectable to your advanced senses. You were ready to get up and go over to him, talk to him and say something to calm him down. Before you could, he was already out of his seat, telling the teacher in a broken voice that he had to go to the bathroom and trying not to make a scene. Before the teacher could even get a word out, he'd left the classroom and shut the door behind him.

It was about 3 seconds before you hopped out of your seat, not even listening to the teacher calling your name, asking you where you were going and telling you to sit back down; you tuned her out and shut the door behind you just as Peter had done. You looked both ways down the hallway, realizing Peter had not made it 10 steps before collapsing his body against the lockers. He sat in the fetal position, his head between his knees and small, whimpering breaths coming from his mouth. You exhaled a shuddering breath and quickly jogged over to your distraught boyfriend, squatting down to be next to him.

You tried to give him some space, but you could tell from his uncontrollable sobbing that he was too far gone. "Peter..." You whispered in the most soothing voice you could, placing a soft hand on his knee, your thumb rubbing small circles along the fabric of his jeans. His breathing wasn't slowing down anytime soon, and the tears began to stain his shirt and the floor beneath him; you didn't know what to do, you'd never seen it this bad before. "Peter..." You whispered again, beginning to freak out yourself but pushing it down deep inside you.

Tucking your knees to your chest, you mimicked his position but kept your hand on his knee, the other going to soothingly cart itself through his light brown hair. "Peter I need you to breathe... can you do that for me?" You whispered, smoothing out his hair and shifting so you could be closer to him. 

Without warning, he launched at you, his arms going to wrap around your stomach and his head landing in your chest, sobbing into your shirt. You hesitated before wrapping your arms around him, carting your fingers through the back of his hair. "It's my fault, it's my fault..." He sobbed into your chest, and you felt yourself beginning to cry, the tears filling up in your eyes at rapid rates. "It's all my fault... I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry... Oh god, I'm so sorry..." He kept sobbing, the words muffled and barely audible but enough to break your heart into a million pieces. You felt tears spilling out of your eyes and on the top of his head, but you prayed he would notice as you just kept rubbing his back cautiously.

"Peter it's not your fault... it's not your fault, okay?" You said, trying to keep your voice strong but failing miserably, the cracking in your voice evident. "Look at me, Peter..." You croaked; he pulled himself away from your chest and looked at you with teary eyes, his breathing still rapid and ragged, but you could tell he was trying so hard to regulate it. "It's not your fault..." You said slowly, cupping his face in your hands and wiping the tears from his sticky cheeks. "I need you to breathe alright? Can you do it with me?" You asked him carefully, and he nodded his head slightly, his lips parted and new tears already beginning to form in his eyes. 

And you sat there for 10 minutes, looking into each others eyes and taking deep breaths, holding each other in some place to be close as possible. Once Peter's breathing slowed down and his tear ducts could no longer fill, you held each other close, sitting against the lockers and praying no one came down the hallway. You were honestly surprised the Math teacher hadn't come to catch you guys yet. "Thank you..." His voice cracked, throat dry from crying. "Really, thank you... you're always the solution to these kinds of things." He said, interlacing his hand with yours and kissing your hand gently.

You didn't say anything, just wrapped your arms around him for a tight embrace, your hand going to the back of his head to pull him closer. "I love you..." You whispered against his shoulder, kissing it gently and hugging him tighter.

"I'd love you a lot more if I could breathe..." He strained, and you quickly released him, forgetting the fact that you sort of had inhuman strength. 

"Sorry..." You breathed out a small laugh, wiping the rest of his tears off his cheeks and fixing his messy hair.

"Don't be..." He breathed, cupping your face and wiping tears you didn't even know existed on your already sticky cheeks. "Thank you... I can't thank you enough..."

"It's no issue at all, really." You said, kissing the top of his head. "Hey, what do you say we go home right now? Watch Star Wars until we fall asleep on the couch?" You suggested, pulling a sly face, making him smile slightly.

"Like... skip class, skip the rest of school? We might get caught." He said, resisting even though he knew that's what he wanted - no, needed the most right now.

"Well then we better run."

---

idk what this is i just need this to be a thing