➣ loki laufeyson

telling loki to run after you let him out of your cage

---

You stared back at the raven-haired man in the glass cage in front of you as Natasha walked away, smiling to herself as he fell right into her trap. He bangs the glass angrily and suddenly his eyes turn to you, pursing his lips a bit as he took his hand away from the glass. You were instructed not to talk to him, but this time it was only you two in the room, and you seriously doubted that Steve and Tony had any interest in watching the cams anymore. Your job was to watch him to make sure he didn't do any damage, which was impossible as he was... y'know, trapped and everything. He didn't say anything, he just stared at you with frightened indigo eyes, but you wouldn't be won over that quickly. Sure, you knew Thor and you'd met Loki a few times before he became... this. You knew that deep down inside he was still the Loki that you met a few years ago; also, along with the stories that Thor had told you, he'd turned into the monster he'd always fear he'd become.

"Hello." You said timidly, leaning against the controls a bit awkwardly, wanting to break the tension in the room. You were - after all - old friends.

"I thought you weren't supposed to talk to me." He said bitterly, crossing his arms and standing straight as he continued to eye you. Nervously, you cleared your dry throat. "What's the matter? Scared?" He asked, sensing your current state. But what he got wrong was the fear. You weren't scared, no. You were sad for him. Pity. That's what you felt amazingly enough.

"No." You whispered, looking down at your hands and twiddling your thumbs.

"You should be."

"Well, I'm not." You said, stronger this time and raising your head to look at him. He was taken aback by your sudden seriousness but nonetheless still smiled at you with those illegally good looking eyes - even though they were blue, which disappointed you. "I know I've only met you a few times and everything, but I know you well enough to know that this isn't you, Loki. I know the rest of the crew doesn't necessarily think fondly of you but I'm still trying to find it in myself to care." Slowly, you took a step towards the glass cage; he opened his mouth to speak, but you spoke over him. "I know... sentiment never gets you anywhere but I could give a rats' ass about that. I know you think you've become the monster you never wanted to be... but the Tesseract, Loki. It's taken over you... it's putting things in your head that I know are bad. Trust me, I know what it's like to feel like a monster..."

"You know nothing of what I feel." He spat, taking a step back the closer you got to the glass.

"Actually, I do. You don't really think I'm here because I can fight well do you?" You asked, stepping closer and closer to the glass with each word. "Underneath this I'm a green-skinned horror fest that terrifies whoever comes near it. I'm different, like you, Loki. And I just... I wish that you cared." He opens his mouth to speak again, but again you finish his thoughts. "Don't try the whole 'I'm changed after that speech' teary eyed thing as you try to get into my head thing so I'll let you out of this cage. That never works on me, Loki. I know your tricks, I know everyones tricks because I've seen some shit so don't try to convince me of anything." He just stood there with his mouth agape, staring directly at you with wide eyes and a tilted head. He simply mouthed a 'wow' and kept his head tilted, stepping closer to the glass as you walked backwards towards the controls.

"I don't know what to say... mostly because you finished everything for me..." You found yourself chuckle as you once again casually leaned against the control panel. His eyes were blue, which made you upset; blue meant he was under the control of the Tesseract, somehow you guess it hadn't faded away.

"Loki... I have to tell you something..." You quickly whisper, looking down at the floor then bringing your attention to the security cameras around the room. This time, you didn't care, you had to save him no matter what. You cared, you actually cared because you knew Loki and this definitely wasn't him. "They're going to keep you here, I can't let it happen. Because no matter what, I will always care for you. So..." You took a deep breath in, looking back from the controls and to the camera. Quickly, you pushed the button to open the cell and it slid open, Loki stepping back and looking at you in shock. You jogged up to him, grabbing his hand quickly and staring him straight in the eyes. "Run." You said, pulling him out of the cage and pressing the button to make the cage fall through the floor. You knew that if Loki fell from that height he would survive as there was water below, so you had a confidence. "Run! Get the hell out of here!" You yelled, pushing him towards the entrance but he resisted. He looked back from you to the hole in the ground then back to you. He grabbed your hand and looked straight at you, squeezing it gently.