➣ peter maximoff

charles puts you two together and you try to make conversation

---

"Alright, well... just remember to be as safe as you can alright? Please don't get killed and... be nice to each other, yeah?" Charles asked, holding your hand as you rolled your eyes.

"Thanks, Dad." You said sarcastically, making him give you a stern look. "Peter and I will be fine... we'll wait..." You nodded as Peter have you the final nod, putting his hand on the back of your head - to avoid something called whiplash - and zoomed off with you. Your team were prepared, getting in position to fight Apocalypse; he'd broken one member of your team - Magneto - and you weren't going to let him break the others. So both of you  - the youngest members of the team - just sat far away, waiting for the signal. "This blows..." You said silently to yourself, you'd never even met Peter before and you weren't the best at making conversation.

"I know, right?" He said, unable to stand still and just kicking dirt around. "I'm Peter by the way, and you're (Y/n). I already know that, why am I talking?" He talked as fast as he ran, but he stopped and gave you an awkward smile, the glasses still on. "I never asked, what's your power?"

"Power Augmentation, I can take other mutant's powers and make them weak..." You said, crossing your legs against the log you sat on. "So I hear Magneto is your father..."

"Yeah, pretty dysfunctional family." He said, making you chuckle. He sat next to you and looked out over the cliff, not seeing any action happening. "So is this what being an X-Men is? Just sitting around, waiting?"

"Pretty much. We do a lot of training and it all really comes down to 5 minutes where all of it goes out the window." You shrugged, tracing patterns in the dirt with your fingers. "So how did they find you?"

"Long story but I'll make it short. Basically this guy named Logan went back in time to rearrange the future and he succeeded, but he... knew me or something in the future. He came to my house and basically just told me what happened, so I helped Erik escape from the Pentagon and now I'm here..." You just nodded, staring at him with wide eyes.

"Was Logan a mutant too?"

"Yeah, he had gross claws that came out of his knuckles."

"Wicked..." You said, eyes widening further in amazement, tracing your fingers over your knuckles to imagine claws coming out of there. You shuddered at the thought.

"Woah, check it out..." Peter said, pointing towards a giant ball that formed in the air, a few pieces of metal beginning to come up and form around the bubble. "That must be my dad... do you think that's the cue?"

"Only one way to find out." You shrugged, taking his hand as he held your neck, nodding as he zoomed off. 

Game time.

---

eh