➣ steve rodgers

taking care of you while you're sick and being more concerned than you thought he would

---

You coughed lightly again, sniffling through your clogged nose and sitting up, pinching the bridge of your nose as you began to get a headache. This was just a common cold, but as soon as Steve saw you in this state, he immediately thought you were dying. You groaned lightly, leaning your fuzzy head against the pillow; you hated being sick because you were required to stay home while your boyfriend - Steve - and the rest of the Avengers went off to save the world. Also, you hated when people took time away from their important days or cancelled important events just to take care of you while you're sick. Steve - while he was the sweetest boyfriend ever - would actually cancel saving the world just to be with you through every sniffle and cough. You loved it, but saving lives is more important than making sure one gets better. 

When he heard you cough, he swiftly rushed in with a glass of water and kneeled by your bedside. He grabbed your hand and looked at you as if it was the last time he'd ever see you. "Hey babe, are you okay?" You smiled up at him and took a small sip of the water, coughing a little bit afterwards. You swore he looked at you as if you were actually dying.

"I'm fine, darling I promise." You coughed out a laugh, running a hand through your messy, knotty hair.

"I took the day off today." He said, turning on the TV and giving you a light kiss on your forehead, god forbid you had a fever. "Let me know if you need anything, sweetheart." He was about to walk away, but you grabbed him weakly by his forearm. He immediately turned to you with an even more concerned look on his face, and you couldn't help but smile.

"Can you stay?" He smiled and nodded, getting into bed with you and putting a strong arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer to his chest. He kissed your forehead gently while you leaned your head on his shoulder; he flipped the TV to (your favorite movie), as you knew you loved to watch it, especially when you were sick. "Thanks, babe." You whispered, closing your eyes as he pulled a blanket over the both of you, reveling in the comforting warmth. He smiled, leaning down and kissing you gently on the lips, making you smile and push away from him. "You're going to get sick."

"I don't care." He smirked and kissed your cheek, leaning his head on yours and snuggling in to watch the movie with you.

You loved spending sick days with each other.

---

short and kinda crappy but I don't have him yet

Have a great day my lovelies xx

(I'M THINKING ABOUT MAKING AN IT PREFERENCES BOOK SHOULD IT)