➣ charles xavier

you opening up and crying in front of him

---

Crying is something you've never done in front of anyone. Not when Charles lost his legs, not when Charles's treatment was causing him an unbearable amount of pain, not when Erik left your side. Today, it was all rushing upon you, thoughts on what would've happened if maybe Charles had died that day in Cuba, or if you weren't there for him he wouldn't have made it through taking the serum. Even now, with the stress of training a whole new group of X-Men, and ever since Apocalypse he's been a little shaken up, sometimes waking up and seeing visions of him as if he's still connected somehow. With the stress of Jean becoming something she's not, the thought of Mystique reverting back to her violent ways, the stress of wondering where Erik could be in the world right now. Everything, just piling on. So, on your bed, you cried as Charles taught his classes, knowing that he most likely wouldn't come in. Just to your luck though, this day happened to be the day where Charles came in from his classes early. He came through the door on his wheelchair with a small smile on his face; quickly you wiped your tears as to not to ruin that good mood, but you were too late. As soon as he saw you, his face fell greatly.

"(Y/N)." He looked shocked as he'd never seen you cry before, even though Charles had opened up several times in front of you. 

"Charles." Your voice broke, trying desperately to hide your face and wipe your flowing tears away. "Hey, how was your class?" He wheeled his way up to you and placed his hand gently on your thigh, drawing you a bit closer to him.

"Darling, don't change the subject. What's wrong, my love?" He looked more concerned than you'd ever seen him before, and it looked as if he might have tears forming in those crystal blue eyes of his. Since the bed was level with him, he pulled himself up towards you with your help, planting himself on the bed, letting his legs sit against the side of your hips. "Love, don't cry, tell me what's wrong so I can help. What can I do to help?" You wiped the mascara from your cheeks, sobbing quietly into your sweater sleeves.

He moved his other hand to your shoulder, biting his lip and looking up desperately into your eyes, trying to find some way to help you. "Just hold me, okay? That will help me."

"Of course, love

"Of course, love." He inched himself closer to you and wrapped one arm around your waist, drawing him towards your chest. The other rested on the back of your head, kissing the top of your head in flutters as you tried to contain your sobs on his shoulder. "Sweetheart, tell me what's wrong." 

"There's just so much, Charles. With Jean, Erik and Raven, you and I."

"What about you and I?" He cooed, though his energy was giving you nervous vibes, he tried to keep you calm. "Is there something wrong with me?"

You breathed out a sob, pulling him closer to you with both hands on his back. "N-no, Charles. There's nothing wrong with you. I love you with everything I have, but there's just..." You paused, calming yourself down with slow breaths. "I keep imagining what would've happened if you died in Cuba, or if you couldn't get through the serum. Or your nightmares, waking up with Jean's nightmares and acting like everything is okay." With your words he moved his hand back to your hair, scrunching it up in his hand a little bit and kissing your temple.

"Oh my dear, I didn't know this was affecting you so much, you should've told me." He pulled you from him to look at you, wiping tears from the side of your face and telling you to breathe in order to calm down. "You know how much I care about you, and I'll fix it somehow. I promise, it'll all be okay in the end, that's how it's always been with us. I love you." He leaned your heads together, placing a gentle kiss on your lips and tucking stray hairs behind your ears. 

"I love you too, Charles." You found yourself breathing out a sigh of relief, as if a heavy weight had been lifted off your shoulders by finally crying in front of someone. By letting go in front of someone you love, without your walls up, without your guard up, without anything. You were just yourself. "Thank you."

"Always."

---

Cheesy and short but CHARLESSSS

Have a great day my lovelies xx