➣ david haller

saying 'i love you' for the first time

Short and sweet

---

You were always scared of saying "I love you" to David, even though you did greatly. You knew that he was different from everyone else, he was more powerful than all of you combined - of course he didn't know that - and that honestly scared the crap out of you. Granted, you were quite strong as well but at least you knew how to control it and how to divide your hallucinations into reality and fiction. Him, he was still struggling a bit. Today, you were helping him with his powers, trying to control his anger and traumatic childhood and use it for something better. A wise man once told you that 'true focus lies between rage and serenity'; slowly, you began to apply this to David's teachings.

After meeting by the rock behind the hospital - the green field where the two of you met for your first training, where the two of you exchanged your first kiss -  and sharing a quick kiss, you quickly realized that Melanie would be monitoring your every action while you were training. She always told you to get right to it, when it's still fresh in David's mind to prevent sending him down into another never-ending spiral. You put your hand on his face in order to get inside his head and control his thoughts. "Wait!" He said, opening his blue eyes and looking right at you, exhaling a breath he didn't know he was holding. "Can we please take a break?" You shook your head, chuckling gently, but he wouldn't let up. "C'mon, I just worked with Ptonomy, my head is actually killing me."

"Melanie's going to kill us if we stop, David. You know that right?" He rolled his eyes and sighed, nodding slightly and closing his eyes as a sign for you to control his thoughts. "David?" You asked him, hand still on his face but this time cupping it to make it feel more reassuring. He opened his eyes again and smiled, reassuring you more. "Hey, I love you." You paused, trying to correct the foolish way that you confessed, as he stood stark still. Before you could say anything else he brought his arm around your waist and kissed you lightly, smiling gently into the kiss. You kissed back willingly, this was definitely not the response you thought you'd get.

He pulled away from the kiss with a big goofy smile on his face, your hand still on his face. "You wanna say it too?" You teased.

"I-I love you!" He shook his head back and forth, getting out of his dazed love-state. "I love you so much, (Y/N)." He wrapped his arms around your shoulders and pulled you close for a hug, kissing your neck gently.

---

shitty ending to a shitty chapter

Have a great day my lovelies xx