➣ bobby drake

asking him to freeze your beer

---

"Hey, kid." You sighed as you sat down, grimacing as you felt the bones in your back crack. You hadn't fully healed from your previous wounds of your last battle, one Bobby was too young to attend, though he wanted to help. His brow creased in concern, but you waved him off and used your powers to get a beer off the counter, flying it into your hand. "How was school?" You said, opening the beer and running a hand mindlessly through your hair.

"Boring as usual, didn't get to train today. Soon hopefully." He said, shrugging and turning his eyes back to his paper, his brow creasing again but in confusion.

"Need any help?" You asked, guesturing towards the paper, causing his head to shoot up. You snickered at his puppy dog face; Bobby idolized you like nobody else, he looked up to you and tried to be just like you. It was an honor, especially because you actually liked the kid; unfortunately, you'd gotten attached which never meant any good for the person involved. Taking a sip of your beer, you grimaced at the warmness of the drink.

"Can I help you with that?" He asked, holding his hand out to take the beer. You smiled and nodded, handing him the bottle and stretching your body out; he blew into the bottle and it instantly became cold, the extract frost forming around the outside.

"Thanks." You said, gesturing once again to the paper. Looked like some sort of complicated mathematics, but you thought you could do it.

"Uh... y-yeah... thanks." You nodded, taking a sip of the now cold liquid and smiling at the refreshing taste, sighing gently. Beginning to get up, he stopped you and shook his head. "N-no don't get up. Not with your injuries." He said, taking his chair and pulling himself towards you, sitting next to you and opening his book to show you the pages.

"Thanks, kid. I appreciate it."

"No trouble."

You spent the rest of the night helping him with his math, smiling and laughing throughout the night, but trying to keep quiet as to not wake up the others. Yeah, you could say you were pretty attached to the kid, and you knew you would do anything to protect him; you just wished you could actually do that. Hundreds of years of living and everyone you've gotten close to has died. You weren't any different than you were back then, and you knew nothing else was going to change, so you kept everything the same. But you wanted to protect him, he was like your only son. The son you never had.