➣ natasha romanoff

saving her ass

sorry this is so shit

---

you were a guard at the wundagore base, hiding secret powers and a secret fascination with both wanda and pietro. you were their favorite guard, always sneaking them food and tiny gifts in order to get them farther from escaping. you knew you were supposed to be on their side, but seeing the team of "avengers" - as they called themselves - fascinated you more than anything. such a diverse group of people each with different attributes that made them special.

sneaking away from them with your trusty hand gun in your pocket, your machine gun across your shoulder, ready for anything that would happen. you'd been trained hard, brutally, abused your whole life to be the best at what you did; of course you ran away from your facility, somehow ended up here and had been hiding out here for over 5 years. 

you heard multiple bangs and gunshots coming from one side of the forest; you'd already guessed they sent out wanda and pietro, and you secretly prayed they wouldn't get hurt at all. now sprinting towards the source of the noises, you heard the violent bangs becoming more and more frequent and loud. you didn't know whether or not you wanted to help them, being as though you were on the opposing side. without much debate, you came upon two people operating a large machine gun, looking extremely preoccupied on a man below, only his shield to protect him from the crushing blows. taking out your handgun - you were careful to make sure your silencer was on - you shot them both in the head, quickly silencing the painful echo throughout the forest. the man looked up, but you moved away before he could see you; he looked around for a moment before continuing on, punching and knocking out a few people in order to get to his team.

more gunshots. your ears perked up at the sound, turning around and seeing a woman with red hair, blocking and punching the people in front of her perfectly. she was hit a few times, but she fought with such finesse it almost frightened you; you found yourself mesmerized before you moved to help her. being silent as you could - though it was difficult due to the crunching snow - you wrapped your arm around one of the people continuing to fight her. it startled the man, he struggled and squirmed until your punching and your choking combined knocked him out completely, his face landing in the snow. without taking much notice, you got to the ground and swept your leg underneath one of the other men, causing him to fall to the snowy floor. you took your elbow and based him in the nose, surely breaking it but the kickback of the blow being enough to knock him unconscious. you watched as the woman took care of the rest - eventually 6 men were resting against the forest floor, both breathing heavily. 

quickly, she turned towards you, thinking you were on the opposite side - granted, you were - and moving to punch you. before she could, gunshots rung out. in self-defense, you put both of your hands up, creating a green-ish forcefield around the both of you; her mouth dropped open, but nonetheless shot both of the men firing at you through your protective forcefield. 

drained, you dropped your hands, panting breathlessly as you tried to get your power to recharge itself. there were no words between you two; she didn't make a move to punch you, nor did she make a move to leave you stranded in the woods. she stood there, watching you as you regained your breath; finally, when you looked up at her, she found herself smiling gently at you. "thank you." she said, nodding, brushing a tiny strand of hair out of her face. "that was amazing... what you did."

"thanks..." you said, "are there any more?"

"dozens, but i'm pretty sure the rest of the team can handle it. i'm natasha, what's your name?"

"(y/n). you're a badass by the way." you laughed, shivering as you'd stopped moving, the cold had set into you.

"where did you come from?" she asked, suddenly seeming more defensive but careful not to scare you; it was as if she'd done this multiple times before.

"the lab... those kids you see, wanda and pietro. please don't hurt them... they're good people at heart they've just been abused and trained by awful people... please, have mercy on them." you begged, suddenly feeling nervous about their whereabouts.

"hey, hey, it's okay. we're not here for them... come on, we could use you right now." you nodded as she turned around in the other direction, beginning to sprint down the halls of trees. for some reason, you found yourself following her, adrenaline coursing throughout you. you'd been trained not to trust on first sight, so why were you following some random girl through the woods to fight the people you'd been with for 5 years? maybe it was the need to get out, the need to be yourself again, the need to release your powers. you weren't sure. one thing was for sure, though.

you were enjoying it a whole hell of a lot more than you should've.

---

sorry