Chapter Eleven

"I was settling in to my new life of balancing between hairdressing and modelling and I was enjoying it tremendously"

 "I actually think I was born to do this"

"I went on a shopping spree with the money I won and bought Maxi dresses, Tailored trousers, Fitted jackets, Lingerie which consisted of Knickers and bra sets, Corsets, Basques, Stockings and suspenders, Negligees and Nighties.  I really enjoyed modelling them too"

Jayden especially liked the stockings and suspenders, I mean what bloke wouldn't?

Jayden also actually had a photo of me in my stockings and suspenders on his living room wall with me showing off my engagement ring.  I was certainly the talk of all his visitors

Jayden took me out to dinner a few nights after the final to celebrate my win and our engagement, we went to a little restaurant called Beau-Thai, it did great food.  It was a really good night. 

Two months into our engagement and we decided to think about our wedding, we wanted a summer wedding and had decided on the date of June 16th. 

We had booked everything early as companies get so booked up well in advance, this gave us just over a year to plan everything. 

 We decided on everything together and I knew Jay would not let me down not like Blake did, mentioning him, Jay had cut all ties off from him and didn't see him at work much anymore. 

We didn't know anything about what he was up to and he didn't know what we were up and that's the way we wanted it, although I'm sure he had heard through other people that we were now a couple and were engaged. 

I decided on having a vintage car take me to the church and having the colour pink for the bridesmaids, I would have my sister Kayleigh, my cousin Trina, Jayden's sister Kyeisha and a friend's daughter Holly-Mae as a flower girl who was only 6 years old. 

The cake we decided on would have 3 tiers in the shape of a heart and stacked on top of each other using pillars and having identical figures made of us to go on the middle tier with our feet dangling over the side with a photo of Jayden's new bike he had got on the top, after all it is how we met. 

We classed the accident and Blake going off with someone else as something good came out of something bad, which 99% of the time is usually right. 

We had a booked our local church and the venue which was a lovely hotel called the Hatfield hotel; we also had booked rooms for us and our parents to stay over night as a treat. Then we also booked a full English breakfast for the next morning in a private room. 

 I had decided on growing my hair for the wedding as I preferred an 'up do' but if it wasn't that long in a years time I would have extensions put in, I wanted my hair pinned up on top with a few sexy ringlets hanging down to soften the look.

We had also booked the videographer and the caterer; we didn't need a photographer as Enchanted dreams limited said they would take all our professional photos for us as a wedding gift.

I also had to find that all important dress, I wanted one like I last chose but didn't actually get to wear. 

We also booked a honeymoon to Malta for a couple of weeks; we have so much to look forward to.

I decided to put an article in the local newspaper telling them of my success, and what I had achieved, I had a journalist interview me and the article was placed in the the local newspaper the next day.  This is how it looked.

 "BIG DREAMS DO COME TRUE" Edited Nigel Davenport.

A local plus sized beauty named Klohie Price has been nominated as the winner for a modelling agency called Enchanted Dreams Limited. 

Klohie won the competition out of another fifty girls and made the final along with six others.

Klohie 30 Redwood born and bred and also a qualified hair stylist of Lollylocks hair salon decided to enter the auditions and keep it a secret, none of her family or friends were notified.  Klohie got through the three sets of auditions before reaching the finals and telling her nearest and dearest about how well she had done and just how far she had come. 

The bubbly blonde entered the auditions for the plus sized competition in order to prove to herself she could achieve more than she thought, she modelled lots of different outfits and gained more confidence than she ever thought she would.

It was double celebrations as Klohie was crowned the winner as her boyfriend Jayden Wood got down on one knee and proposed to her with a beautiful sapphire and diamond engagement ring, they are now happily planning their wedding for the summer of 2015 next year.

We wish Klohie every success in her modelling and hairdressing and wish both Jayden and Klohie a world of happiness in their forthcoming wedding.

 I was really excited to see my name in print and I was getting a lot of publicity from it, I was also due to do a radio interview in the morning. 

It was really strange talking on air but I thoroughly enjoyed it, I have also been asked to do a lot of event openings because of it.

I was being showered with gifts from companies showing their support for being a plus size model and for doing the place where I lived proud.  I received Clothes, footwear jewellery and make-up.

I heard a few bitchy comments like

"She's a pretty girl but if she lost a bit of weight she would look even better"

I knew I was going to hear something like that sometime or other but to be honest I just held my head up high and shrugged it off, I was proud of what I was doing and it was making me happy. 

If they didn't like what I was doing they didn't have to look, simple as that I thought.  I wasn't hurting anybody.

I got over snide little remarks and thought if people couldn't be happy for me they were only jealous.  I was so happy doing my hairdressing and modelling part time and it was working well, I put all my effort in to it as you only get out what you put in and I was getting results.  No one said it was going to be easy but it sure is damn rewarding.

My modelling photos were looking really  stunning and I was pleased with how they came out, I was modelling for catalogues, bill board pictures, posters, local businesses and I even had my own website made.  I started to get fan mail from larger ladies congratulating me on standing up for  fuller figured women and showing we should not put up with people looking at us like we are some sort of freaks, we should be able to wear what we like no matter what size we are.  Our bodies are our own and we own the right to them. 

I was also getting fan mail from gentlemen saying how they found me as a curvy woman very sexy who has lots of confidence to go with it and it was better to see me modelling as to models which were just skin and bone and were not a good example to young ladies growing up, just because you have a tummy and boobs don't mean that you are not attractive.

Both the modelling agency and I came up with a couple of slogans for me which were 'Beauty has no size' and 'if you can dream it you can achieve it, I even had sashes made me with these on.

The latest garment I have been modelling is plus size wedding dresses and they are going down a storm, I never knew how much in demand these were.  A lot of larger ladies want to look just as special on their wedding day and we are thinking of bringing out our own range of bridal gowns in a range of sizes from 16-30 called

'Big is beautiful', voluptuous ladies need their figures enhancing and to accentuate their curves in all the right places.

© Copyrighted 2014 to Lorraine Barber