Chapter Twenty Two

"Hello there, I'm calling on behalf of my husband and myself.  We would like for someone to come round to value our house, we are thinking about selling up and moving abroad to Beverley Hills"

 "Sure we can do that, its no problem, when are you available for someone to pay you a visit?"

 "Actually anytime is good for us, we can work around you"

 "Ok how about tomorrow at about 11am?"

 "That's great, we'll see you then"

 I put down the receiver and told Jay I had booked a valuation for 11am tomorrow, I had some kind of an idea of a price in my head but it would be nice to know for sure.

 The following day at precisely 11.00 the doorbell rang, I opened the door to man very smartly dressed in a suit holding a clipboard.

 "Hello there I'm Steve; I believe I spoke to you on the telephone yesterday regarding a quote on your home?"

 "Yes it was me, nice to meet you.  I'm Klohie please come in"

 "Thank you Klohie" He took his shoes off and stepped in.

 "This is my husband Jayden and this is my little boy Logan"

 "Hello Jayden, nice to meet you. And hello Logan, what a fine young man you are"

 "Hello Steve, how are you doing? We'll let you walk around on your own as we don't want to get in your way?

 "I' m about to pop the kettle on would you like a tea or coffee?"

 "A coffee with 2 sugars and milk sounds wonderful, thank you"

 We let Steve walk around and work his charm; he must have taken about quater of an hour in each room, measuring the size and jotting down notes on the piece of paper attached to his clipboard.

 "I'd just like to take a look in the rear garden if that's ok please"

 "Sure I'll just open the back door for you"

 "Thank you" Steve walked out and started to write things on his clipboard again, about 5 minutes and he was back again.  I made him the coffee he wanted as he was back in and we sat down at the table in the kitchen.

"Mmmm great coffee by the way, thank you. Ok I have been round the whole house and have added up everything and I'm pleased to say I think your house is worth £169.995"

 "That's great news; it's around the price I was thinking so that's worked out well"

 "That's good then, I'll give you my card and if you would like to progress and put your property on the market just give me a call"

 "Thank you for coming, we will certainly give you a call if we decide to go ahead"

 Steve took the last sip of his coffee and walked to the door, he put his shoes on, shook hands with us both and we said our goodbyes.  I closed the door.

 Jayden and I spoke about the price that Steve had given us and we both agreed it was a good price and we were happy with that, we really didn't want to go any lower if we could help it.

 We called another couple of estate agents to book appointments for them to come round and do valuations for us, a few more days later and we had another two quotes.  One was a little higher and one was a little lower than the first price we were quoted.