Chapter Twenty Four

Over the duration of the next two weeks we had a few other people viewing our house, they ranged from first time buyers to families wanting to upsize, everyone seemed really keen and said how well the house was maintained and how it was finished to a very high standard but we still hadn't received any offers.

 The phone rang, it was enchanted dreams. They wanted to know if I wanted to some more modelling work for next few weeks as that's when my contract ended.  I willingly said yes as I didn't like to turn work down and I thought it would go in my favour if I did the last few weeks to keep them happy so they could give me a glowing reference to take to my new job.  They asked if I could go in to do some modelling tomorrow, I said yes as they said I could take Logan with me as I couldn't get a baby sitter at short notice.  I told them about my new job and that I was moving, they were really pleased for me and wished me every success in becoming a top plus size model and reaching my goals and dreams,  equally I was grateful to them for giving me the opportunity in giving me the chance to show what I could do.  The day I left was quite an emotional one, they had raised a large collection of money for me and had bought me a large bouquet of flowers, a bottle of champagne and a nice box of chocolates.  

 We packed the car with the suitcases and were all ready for the drive to the airport, I was soon to be in my dream location again, we checked in and within no time we were on the flight.  Several hours later we arrived in the sunshine, we collected our cases and I heard Delinda call my name.   I looked over and I could see her waving frantically at me trying to get my attention, I waved back to let her know I had spotted her.  We eventually caught up; she was so excited to see us and we were likewise.

Delinda drove us back to her house after collecting us and on the way back we saw a huge rainbow arching the sky, is this the start of good things to come I thought.  Back at the house we caught up on each others news and what we had been up to over a coffee, after a long while of chatting the clock eventually ticked around to dinner time.  We decided to go out and eat as it was quicker and easier for Jayden and I as we were tired from the jetlag, we ate at a nearby Mc Donald's which went down really well.  Yeah I know more junk and comfort food, after eating we went home and went straight to bed as we had an early start in the morning looking for our new pad.

 The radio woke me up blearing out the local radio station, without looking at the clock the presenter announced it was 7.30am.  I reached across Jayden as the alarm was on his side to turn it off; he was still out for the count.  There was however a little man smiling at me saying "Mama" I gave him a huge smile and went over to pick him up from his cot where he was standing, I took him in my arms and we looked out the window where the sun was shining, I had a feeling it was going to be a good day.  I got back into bed for another five minutes to have cuddles with Logan then Jay woke up and gave us both a kiss on the cheek.  At 7.43 I pushed myself to get out of bed to go and shower, it was lovely feeling the water washing all over me.  A nice rejuvenating shower in the morning always set me up for the day, I stepped out and pulled a big white fluffy towel around me and wrapped my hair in another.  Jayden was now up and had got Logan dressed as well, I sat on the bed drying my hair with the hairdryer after towel drying it and brushed it into my usual style.  Now for my make up, I heard Jayden say to Logan doesn't Mummy look beautiful, I just turned around and smiled and gave a little giggle.

 Today was the day we hopefully will find the house of our dreams, if we could just sell our home back in England and we can get the process of moving abroad to go through as quickly as possible then everything else will fall in to place. 

 We arrived at the house at 3201 Pine Chase Circle and parked in the driveway, it was a big drive that could easily fit several cars in.  We all walked up to the door where the estate agent was waiting for us, we walked through the arched front doorway which lead us into the lounge.  It was an open spaced living area with plenty of space for seating and furniture, the lounge merged into the dining room which was also a large room that you could fit a large table and chairs in.  The room boasted French doors that lead out into a spacious decked patio area, this would be lovely to sit out on in the evenings and have a barbeque.  The size of the garden was jaw dropping and there was so much space, there was a water feature in the middle, a secret garden to be discovered at the bottom of the garden and a pond with a little bridge rising over it that you could walk over.   Jayden was looking impressed; he said "this look like it could be our dream house".  The garden was a nice size with a built in swimming pool which was enclosed with netting to stop people entering, it looked so relaxing with the loungers around the pool.  Walking back into the house we were lead by the estate agent into the kitchen, it was a much larger kitchen than what we had at home and it had an island in the middle with seating all around.  The kitchen had built in white cupboards with glass fronts and gold door handles, the flooring was tiled with glittery specs in which glittered under the light.  It looked so pretty, I was already sold on the house before even seeing upstairs.  We walked up the stairs; the banister was beautiful.  Gorgeous pine spindles all the way to the top.  The first bedroom we looked at was the master and it was massive, there were built in wardrobes with space for both our clothes and shoes.  The room was light and airy and gave a feeling of warmth and comfort, leading off the room was an en suite with shower, bath and a bidet.  The second room we looked at was slightly smaller in size but still very spacious, there was an en suite also leading off that bedroom and there was built in wardrobes too.  The third room was smaller than the second but still quite large, comparing in size it was as big as a double we have back at home so still quite big. There were also built in wardrobes and an en suite in this room.  The bathroom was totally luxurious; I couldn't get over how big it was.  As you walked in you could see a lovely corner bath with a jet system installed, there were three steps leading up to the bath with the bath, sink, toilet bidet all matching in a while pearlescent colour.

As we walked back downstairs I knew this was the house for us, I could really see us all living here as a family and being happy, but we just needed to sell our house back home as we couldn't afford to put in an offer without doing that first.

We thanked the estate agent for showing us around and we said we would keep in touch, we didn't want to look at any more places as we decided this was 'the one' we said we would contact him when we had sold our house in England and he said he would contact us if the house was to have an offer or it had sold.

We walked back to our cars and got in, we took one last glance at the house and drove off, Jayden squeezed my hand, and I could feel myself welling up.  

"I really want that house Jay"

"I know you do sweetheart, I will ring the estate agents back home when we get back to Delinda's to see if there has been any interest in ours"

"Thanks babe I would appreciate that"

Delinda said "I really want you guys to get that house; you deserve it after all you have been through. I couldn't think of a nicer couple to live there"

This made me cry, "You are a good friend Delinda, and I love you"

"I love you too hun, all of you"

 We arrived back at Delinda's, let's have a coffee she said and flicked on the kettle. 

Jay went to call the estate agents back home and I grabbed three mugs from out the cupboard, Delinda finished making the coffee and I got Logan out of his car seat and gave him a big cuddle.  I love my little boy so much. I could cuddle him all day.

 Just as we sat down at the table with our coffees, Jay walked back in the kitchen.  The look on his face was like he'd seen a ghost.

© Copyrighted 2014 to Lorraine Barber