Eight

It's way past seven and yet Taylor is still here. I think she feels pity for me knowing that I really spend my time here alone but most people live alone and they've lived long lives. . . What's supposed to be the problem?

"You can't stay around," I reminded her. "It's already dark."

"Yeah," she mumbled. "You're right."

Yet she didn't stand just yet. She kept her eyes on me as if she was waiting for something. Gladly through the dim light, I could see her very clearly, thanks to my glasses.

"I'm not driving you like last time," I told her, not because I don't really want to drive her but it's because I don't want the things that happened last time repeat themselves. I believe in, history repeats itself so. . . it explains it.

Taylor gave out a tiny chuckle, "I'm not asking you to."

I sighed, still with the thought that I can't let her off on her own. "I'll take you to the train station, that's it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," I replied and walked upstairs to grab my coat and my keys. There are two reasons why I don't want to take her home, one, I don't want to repeat the events of last time and two, the last time I was there, I was a stranger and we kissed.

Once I got there, she was still seated, laying her fingertips on the toys on the counter.

"This is pretty old," she said, focusing on one ballerina toy that I kept on display. The pinkish colour had already faded into almost pale.

"I reckon it is. Are you coming?" I opened up the door for her whereas she's still busy examining the ballerina toy

"Tragic," she murmured to herself and stood up. "There is so much magic in this place if you just look into it."

I wasn't listening. . . not that much. I ushered her to move outside as soon as possible yet she's still in her place.

"You can take a look at that tomorrow so come, now," I said.

"You're not listening to me," she replied but it didn't sound like she felt bad about it. "Great, no one listens to me."

"You're not a teenage girl to be whining about that, come," I said, with a bit more authority than earlier. Yet again, she didn't listen to me. I groaned. I don't care how expensive it is, "I'll give you the bloody ballerina, just come."

She immediately dropped it and kept her hands to herself as though I was giving her something haunted. "N-No, no way, no, let's go."

I felt slightly off with her reaction, I almost said something.

Never did she give me a chance.

Taylor started walking. Once, I thought she'd only pass by and yet, she grabbed my arm and my glasses almost fell off. I held my tongue from saying anything as I pushed up my glasses and we started walking towards the alley where my car is parked.

The whole ride, she'd been quiet. We're halfway to the terminal when I've realised why, because she fell asleep. She'd always look so sleepy and so often, she would say she wants to sleep but I never would have thought she's just drop like that.

A month ago, I wouldn't have thought this would happen. Driving a girl somewhere, having her around in occasions, that's never in my nature.

As soon as we got to the terminal, again, I decided how I should wake her up. The last time was terrible, in fact, I believe I've startled her and I didn't mean that.

It's quite awkard for me, whether it is the second time around.

"Miss Swift," I said.

Her nose twitched a bit. That was easy.