Twenty-Four

For the rest of the evening, Taylor played with her baby doll, which is both unnerving and amusing. She was cute to look at, sure, but the fact that she's talking to the doll like it is a real baby, if not, human makes it creepy. It wouldn't be too uncomfortable if she did it the way kids does it, she really has decent conversations as if she's getting a reply.

"Taylor, would you--"

She silenced me with one hand opening wide to my direction as she was pretty much preoccupied with "talking" to that doll.

"I've been to the Smithsonian museum. It was great."

Never would I want to admit that I am about two seconds away from calling a priest. She's already freaking me out as is.

I almost really did it. But Taylor looked over to me, "I'm not being possessed or whatever. I'm just playing."

That gave me another push to actually call a priest but I didn't want to overreact. It was just as strange as ever. Well, I played too when I was a child but I never did tell stories to dolls. But then. . . I wasn't a girl as a child now, was I? And I never will be so I probably wouldn't understand what that meant for her.

I looked at my watch and saw that it's already eight. "Do you want to go home?" I asked as I was seated on the steps of the stairs while she is playing with her doll, leaning on one of the shelves.

She sighed, "I don't know. Lendon isn't home. And my parents took all the kids out for a baseball game. I'll still be alone whether it's my apartment or my family's house."

"There's a baseball game at Thursday night?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It's Friday night," she corrected with a laugh. "See? If you had just listened to Casey, this wouldn't be a problem."

"That doll. . . has a name now?!"

"Well, she always had that name," Taylor replied. "Given to her by her old owner, and also her namesake."

"You've got to be joking."

"Serious," she said and then pulled out a tiny thing from underneath the doll's clothes and then showed a tiny heart that had the name "Casey" inside it -I saw it once I squinted. "And this kid probably have a the same spirit as Andy."

"Who is Andy?" I asked but Taylor, instead, showed the sole of the baby doll's shoe and it also has the name "Casey" written on it.

I realise now that the "Andy" she was pertaining to was the character from Toy Story.

"Why do you seem to know everything?"

Taylor smiled up brightly, "I only act like I know everything." Somehow, I simply couldn't believe that. "Most of the time, I make inferences. And then the rest, magic."

I sighed, "Despite the fact that we're on day one, you're almost making me want to back out."

"Like you mean that." She scoffed and then rolled her eyes.

"You're right, I don't," I said, giving her a victorious smile.

She walked towards me and flashed another smile. "So much for day one." She leaned in for a short kiss and walked away after.

An hour or so had passed when Taylor finally said she wants to go out. Yet, that was all she wanted, to go out and not exactly go home just yet.

She asked me if we could walk outside on the sidewalks and just talk. When I put up a bit of resistance, she told me she wanted to take advantage of day one to make it memorable. . . , whatever that is.