Thirty-Three

And so I did stay that Sunday night. For the rest of the week until Thursday came around were midnight calls, most of them consisted of questions about each other's lives and whatnot. I also received calls from my brothers and sisters, asking me to come to the reunion. Unbelievably, even Vienne Styles called me but I haven't got the answer yet.

Christmas is on its way and the reunion is bound to come up. I've been hearing details from Franco that it will be held in one of the hotels William owns and most of the Styles would be there. In his own words, Franco said it would be entirely disgraceful of me not to come since it is my surname and by that I am already contracted to be there.

Snow is already falling outside, leaving the streets white and cold with people covered up almost to their noses. This time, Taylor thought it would be nicer if she's just prepare the coffee herself and it wasn't so bad, plus, it was nicer by the fact that it was a steaming hot cup. I am already behind my counter while she had her seat in front, she just bought another doll from the set and it's seated on my counter.

"Franco told me he really wants you to come," Taylor said, putting her mug of hot chocolate right near her lips. I didn't hear what she said, I don't remember correctly. My mind had its focus on the way her hands held the mug, how her lips pursed together as the steam flew past her nose which had wrinkled partly. I noticed her lips moved a bit, she must have been saying something.

I looked at her, blinking for several times before asking her to repeat what she had just said.

"I said, Franco is trying to convince me to convince you," she repeated, probably. "Also trying to get Cara's new number but I promised Cara I wouldn't."

"You seemed to be getting along well with Franco," I commented.

"And William," she added with a smile. "And Gemma, and Grace, and Vienne."

"Vienne?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. I highly doubt that she is more pleasant to Taylor as she had always been unpleasant to me.

"She's nice. I like the twins." She took a sip from her hot chocolate and settled it in the counter.

"She'd gone bonkers, hasn't she?" I asked jokingly, causing Taylor to laugh a bit.

"She's charming," Taylor replied. "And sweet, you probably just misunderstood her."

I almost couldn't believe she said that as she had the sweetest smile on her face. "Taylor, she asked dad to send me to a military school, I can assure you that was not a misunderstanding."

She laughed once she heard that, "Right. Of course, that would have —"

A couple came in wearing rather thick clothes for the weather. Once they'd gone inside, the smiles from their faces vanished so as though on cue, Taylor and I said in unison, "The cafe is two doors to the left."

Taylor even made hand gestures pointing to the left.

"Okay. Th-Thanks or whatever," said the girl as they both made their way out.

"What kind of an idiot would mistake this for a coffee shop?" Taylor asked.

"You did," I reminded her. "When you first came here."

She opened her mouth to say something but maybe my outsmarting smirk had told her how much she lost the debate already. "How did you know that?!"

I chuckled a bit, "Lucky guess."

"Wow, learning my tricks already," she mumbled as if she meant it to be sarcastic. . . I think she did. "But about the reunion, are you coming?"

My nose wrinkled at the thought of a fancy dinner with fake smiles. "No."