Forty-Five

"Are you sure you don't want me to come?" I asked Taylor, again staying up in the wee hours of the morning. I hated how she's going on this trip with her coworkers whom never did like her, or never appreciated her. Add the fact that she has male coworkers as well! Much as she told me that they were separated, they couldn't be all the time. I mean for one, that Bill had his eye out for her.

"I told you, you can't come," she said, keeping her eyes buried in my father's journal. I sighed in defeat right after, but still mumbling incoherent things under my breath that do not make much sense. "You're just as headstrong as your dad, do you know that?"

No, I do not know that. She's starting to sound like she's known my father when in reality she only knew him through his journals.

"Headstrong? Why headstrong?"

"He was twenty-two years old, 1976, and a year later, he's got William. He's still fooling around. Remember his first love?" She asked. "That blue-eyed—"

"Yes."

She frowned just a little then continued, "He's still fooling around, in a dorky way. Anyways, does your mom have blue eyes?"

"No," I said. "Um, no at least, I think my gran—" I blinked a few times. I think I just got an idea. "Alright, stand up. I've got an idea, stand up." I reached for my glasses immediately.

"What?"

"Get your coat, come on." I took my coat right after I said it —as it did me the honour of simply lying around. I'm normally a neat person only, Taylor was sort of changing that. She's a bad influence to me th0ugh I sort of liked it that way. She's changing me, I am aware but I'm fine with it. "I'll tell you on the way."

It was until I realised I was barely clothed. I took my shirt and I was already getting into my pants before I turned to Taylor.

And she's still on the bed.

"Taylor?"

"What? I'm in my pyjamas, Harry." She said that as though my sudden plan was not reasonable. To be very fair, it did not sound reasonable at all.

I zipped up pants already thenafter, put a jacket on. "It doesn't matter. When it's under a coat, it will hardly be noticed."

"Yeah but where are we going?" She asked in a rather skeptical tone. She sounded like she could barely believe what I was doing. Alright, given the fact that it was very rare when I'd ask her out and especially now, at one a.m., she would probably think I'm going mad. . .

"I'll tell you on the way," I said. "You've got to meet someone."

"Relatives?" She raised an eyebrow. "Harry, the reunion already forced me to —" she took a deep breath. "One moment. Harry, you don't even have a car and it's already—"

"We're taking Franco's car."

"Franco? What? He can't still be awake in this time of the night."

"Trust me, he is," I said. "Now, up on your feet."

Finally, Taylor had some sense to listen. She stood up and got dressed in a bit. I walked out of the door the moment I knew she was capable of following right after me. Since the lights are always on in the house, —Vienne is deathly terrified of the dark— it was very easy to find Franco's room where he was there on his bed making phone calls.

After peaking my head through the door, I mouthed a statement that meant I needed to borrow his car and without hesitation, —and further attention— he threw me his car keys. I didn't catch them but he was too busy with his phone call he didn't have time to mock. . . Taylor did seeing as she was still in the scene.