Twelve

"Foremost, I am not your ex. I'm not someone who is dumb enough to let you wander alone in dread," I said as we made our way out of the hotel.

"I hate it here, nothing is changing my mind," she told me.

"If you did, then why would you let your boss force you into doing something you don't want to do?"

"That's what bosses do, Harry," she muttered, the long sound of teenager 'duhh' is already in her tone.

"I just travelled a continent for you and you treat me this way," I said, partly pouting.

She laughed. "I think getting you out of Ensorcel is kind of a good thing. You kind of look so bubbly. Which is great. Do you have any idea how rare it is to see you smile twice a day?!"

Now, she sounds like her usual self.

I smiled again, "I am human too, Miss Swift, I just don't act like one in front of strangers." I kept my hands in my pockets. I think I know I'm leading the way to the Eiffel tower too since it really isn't that far. She hasn't even got any idea how lucky she is that she's got a chance

"So what, now I just turned into someone you know?" She asked and laughed. "God, if I knew this was going to happen, I would have gotten my camera at the least. That and seeing you without glasses is kind of a new thing. Are those clear contacts or--"

"Clear," I replied, it sort of makes me tear up at first but the discomfort had worn down.

"Now, that's a sight better than this place. I can write hundreds of articles just talking about Harry Styles but writing one article about this city? No."

"It's your bloody fault you didn't want to enjoy a lovely city."

"That's okay, I'll start writing tomorrow. The real tour begins tomorrow. Right now, I'm just trying to get ideas but needless to say I'm. . ."

"Uninspired," I said after a momentary pause. She smiled as though saying I said the word right. "Where do you want to go?"

"If I were to answer that honestly, I'd like to go back to my hotel room," she replied. "I don't like it here."

That ex of hers must have been a complete arse.

I figured, I shouldn't push her too far. She hates the place and I wasn't the one to change her mind about it. I nodded along, "Alright. Spend one day in a hotel room in one of the most beautiful places in the world."

I turned my heel and started walking back and she did too as well.

"You know, I think this is one of the first few times I heard you being sarcastic without that grumpy vibe," she said.

"Sweet Paris changes people, babe. But as you said, tomorrow, the real tour begins."

Her hotel room wasn't too far from mine, just one floor and it wasn't too different either. The sooner we got through the door, she dropped every single thing she was holding and jumped to her bed, pulling the covers up as though she had been exhausted from one awful day at work when in reality, it's nine a.m. in the morning, past forty-one minutes. Had it really been two hours since I woke up?

She was already under the covers when I sat on the side of her bed, admittedly staring at her blonde locks that were showing themselves off.

"Why did you come here?" She asked, her voice is partly muffled through the sheets

"Why did you want me here?" I asked. People rarely wanted me around, apart from some of my family.

She pushed the sheets down, they almost got me. . . at least until I backed away a bit. "I asked you first."