Nine

"If I do that, I'll end up looking like a bloody corpse!" I grumbled.

"Well, that is the point since it's Halloween night," she said very softly even though just a second ago, she was forcing me to put make up on very aggressively.

It's already four AM in the wee hours of the morning, here we are sitting and talking with cold coffees to keep us awake. Believe me, I've been trying to convince her to go home ever since midnight passed, only, she said she doesn't want to.

She looked sleepy, she always does but this was a whole level. Despite that, she's still too lively to keep the atmosphere alive.

I honestly do not get this girl. One moment, she is the best in arguing through her words and then the next, she's the bloody sweetest thing in the world.

"Come on, even just a tad pale and little blood?" She offered sweetly.

"I'll stand with what I said, no," I grumbled.

"Okay, I'll just--"

Someone knocked on the door so we both looked over to it. Another trick or treater. I rolled my eyes as I walked over to the door, of course Miss Swift had to walk alongside me.

Good gracious, we ran out of candy two hours ago. I thought kids were supposed to be finished with it by now.

I opened the door and saw a kid about eleven years old wearing a blood red outfit, onesie, I suppose. His hair is ginger and he's got red contacts with blood stains on his face and hands.

What is he supposed to be? The devil? I see no tail or horns or pitchforks. Although his outfit was purely red. . .

As I was trying to think of what he might be, the kid suddenly said in a soft voice, "Hello sir, I'm your girlfriend's period. I'm sorry, I'm late."

My girlfriend's what?

I blinked a few times and as I was still in my state of confusion, Taylor started laughing loud as hell. I looked over to her, now realising the joke and quite honestly, I wanted to laugh. . . partly by the joke and partly by her reaction.

I cannot believe I took too long to get it.

I laughed just a bit because of both the joke and her reaction but I calmed down faster than she did.

I raised an eyebrow at Taylor and crossed my arms. "Are you quite finished?"

She is still laughing like a mad person, I believe she's already got tears in her eyes. She held on to me later on and started hitting me very lightly as she still can't stop laughing.

"That's -- oh my gosh!" And then she continued. She hit me again but it's that light so I didn't mind.

I smiled a bit, showing off my amusement too easily then I looked at the young lad. "Give us one moment, alright?"

The kid nodded innocently with a smile while Taylor kept hitting me.

"Taylor, I understand the humour but please, stop that," I said, pushing my glasses up as it had been sliding off with almost every hit.

She took a very deep breath, holding back her laugh. "I'm okay. I'm -- God! You're a genius!" She continued laughing but a little less insane now.

"We ran out of candies but come in," Taylor ushered and I had to bite my tongue to hold myself back from reminding her who the store owner is.

"Taylor," I muttered but she just let go of me and led the boy around.

"Here's the deal, no candies but choose whatever toy you want. . . I'll pay for it," she offered, making the boy's eyes widen. . . Mine did too.