Forty

"Choose whatever dress you have, I'm sure you'll look fine regardless," I muttered a bit boredly as I let my phone spin around in between of my thumb and index. Taylor was anxious, she may not say it but it's written all over in her actions.

I sat on my bed, patiently waiting for her to get out as I've been dressed half an hour ago, formal black without a tie. I don't even know what she's worried about, she looked good in every single thing I've seen her wear, a dress can't be that bad since it's just a summer version of her coats.

"Uncle Harry!" Two voices yelled as I craned my head to the door. The next thing I knew I was taken down by the twins, Vincent and Jericho. Again, they're not really twins, they just look so much alike being one year apart, six and five years, Vince being the older one. I am just glad they looked like their father, if they ended up looking like Vienne, they'd end up looking like me since our features are pretty close.

They both got dirty blond hairs, slightly curly with Vince's while Jericho's got the full-on curls of the Styles. And also, hazel eyes from their dad. . .

"Hey!" I let them dogpile me on the bed. Their voices overlapped, saying a load of statements. And they're already wearing suits for the formal dinner later.

"We missed you!"
"Where have you been?!"
"You look old!"
"Hey!"
"How are you?!"
"I got A's in my classes!"
"Uncle Harry!"
"Why didn't you tell us you were coming?!"
"Can I take your glasses?!"

"Hey, no." I held my glasses into place. As I struggled to sit up. "Hey, hey, how are you two?" I asked, smiling. I ruffled my hand through Jericho's hair while my other arm is around Vincent. "How'd you two get so big?!"

"We're good!" Jericho said out loud. "Like this one week, I caught a frog!"

"Your mum's gonna kill you, do you know that?" I asked with a laugh. "You washed your hands after?"

"Yes and I set it free," he continued.

"How 'bout you, Vincent?"

"Well, I caught two fireflies in our backyard when we visited our other grandma." Vince smiled cheerfully. "What took you so long?! We've been waiting forever."

"I know, I've just been busy with my shop," I said.

"Uncle Franco is busy with his shops too. But he visits." Vince pouted.

"Well, I've got to ride a plane to get here too long," I replied. "But anyways, we've got an entire week together. Just don't bother me while I'm asleep."

"Can't make any promises, though." Jericho smiled the same smile Franco's got. I almost said something yet I wasn't able to.

"Uh, Harry?" Taylor interrupted.

I looked to the door of the loo and saw Taylor's head slightly poking out. I know she meant she wants the kids to leave for a moment.

"That's her!" Vincent exclaimed and much as I want to know what that meant, I told them to go.

"See lads later at dinner," I said. "Now, go. You've got to get back to your mum."

The both of them whined but nevertheless I told them to run off as I'll see them later. When they got out, I shut the door and moved towards Taylor.

"Yes?"

"Can I not go?" She asked.

"No. Absolutely not. You promised to be with me," I reminded her.

"Yeah but — this is really weird."

"I'm sure it's alright."

"I'm not that comfortable. I'm meeting your family for the first time!" She reminded and I already know that. She must have been feeling tensed only she didn't want to tell me. There's nothing to be tensed about with her. With me, I've got a load of reasons to be.