Forty-Seven

Out of the ridiculous things I've done in my short-lived life, this one is definitely what I do not regret. Just one favour, just one to reassure Taylor that it could be a New Year's eve, or any other nights, I wouldn't cheat on her.

Space Oddity by David Bowie played through the family speakers. The house was a mess again yet it was an amazing mess, balls painted as planets and toy miniatures of aliens, space rockets and satellites hung from the ceiling. The walls has got galaxy wallpapers, black, dark blue, violet along with the white dots as stars. Galaxy coloured macaroons and galaxy styled mirror cakes are all over on the table along with the plates designed with Star Wars prints. Toy robots and mostly any toy that could move or could fit the theme were scattered about, leading me to kick a few more than a couple of times. Drones were flying overhead, almost hitting me for a couple of events though with yesterday's practices, I learned to prepare myself to dodge. There were drawings of thr entire universe —house— all around the house and Krizzle did tell me it was Tim who made them.

In terms of costumes, we outdid it. Brandon and Lendon are both wearing those Star Trek uniforms, Krizzle and their parents seemed to be wearing astronaut uniforms but of course, fake ones. I'd be surprised if they were real. Timothy and Mae Ann chose Star Wars characters, I did as well as I only needed the cloak and the lightsaber but to give it a bit of twist, I cosplayed Darth Vader —though I only hold the mask. I've never done this before in my life, I could swear to God.

"Hey wha—" I ducked once more before Brandon's flying drone came my way. "Gain control of that thing or I swear to God, I'm never giving you another drone for Christmas."

"Sorry, Harry," he said with a laugh. "My mistake."

I continued walking about the house, accidentally kicking off some toys and hitting my head against the planets or space ships.

"Darth! I need help!" Timothy called so I went right ahead to him despite the overwhelming chaos of the house. It seemed pretty much the way it did before, only on different themes. This time that I asked them if I could join them, they gladly accepted with the deal that I don't fund the whole thing and they seemed to be two steps ahead with that as I was honestly planning to. Since they didn't let me pay for the expenses, I had to give them something in return and so, everyone in the family's got presents. . . they cannot say 'no' to that.

"Yes, Luke?" I asked knowing that it will annoy him. I ruffled his blond locks that caused him to frown in disdain. He doesn't want to be called Luke because that would mean he's my son and he was purely against it because we look nothing alike.

"Hey! I'm not Luke! I'm just a random Jedi!" He corrected while he tried to fix his hair the way it was before I messed it up. He put his brown hood on. "I need your help! My drone got tangled." That was rather inevitable and I've already expected that to happen seeing as the house had a lot of things hanging from the ceiling.

"Where?" I asked.

He pointed up. I sighed, pulling a nearby seat. "If it got tangled, did you turn it off?" I asked as I stepped on the small blue chair I've just pulled.

"Yes. It's totally off. I'm not an idiot, you know."

"Timmy, language," Lendon said as he was passing by carrying a tray of glowing blue juice. I blinked once it seemed to have changed into violet, to purple, to pink. . . until I've realised it was because of the small LED lights under the glasses. Okay. That was rather cool.

"Sorry, Lendon."

At the very same moment, Professor McGonagall —the cat— ran under the stool followed by their dog, Yoda that had some robes on and fake ears, that caused the chair to shake a bit but it was only slight. I started untangling the yarn and nylon from the drone very carefully. They are rather expensive to be played by mere children yet they're still toys and they needed to be played.