Thirty-Four

"For — For the last time, Grace, I am not certain," I said, trying to explain over and over how I am still undecided about the whole reunion. I haven't even talked to Taylor about it.

I went to Cara's apartment earlier and now she's frowning at me as she had to pause an episode of Supernatural to let me talk. In my defence, I told her I won't answer the call yet she forced me as she keeps a close-knit to my family.

My phone is on the couch between Cara and I, so we can both hear what Grace is saying.

"Yeah, but we were thinking about something more fun this year. Would have been nice to have us complete!"

"Technically, your family is complete so it would be alright if I'm sidelined," I said, Cara elbowed me but I didn't react.

"No Styles can be sidelined," Grace said. "As Franco said, family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten."

Cara sniggered and tried so hard to keep her laughs silent while I tried to suppress the smile coming out of me. "You do know that he was quoting Lilo and Stitch from Disney, right?"

"What? Lilo and — oh that little shit!" Grace said and started mumbling profanities that I had to end the call.

"Finally!" Cara played the episode and we started with episode where Dean dies a hundred ways in a Tuesday.

It was a while before we engaged in another conversation.

"You say you found your dad's journal," Cara said.

I nodded and said, "Taylor found it."

"And things are already official between the two of you. Is that right, love?"

"That's right."

"Well, good luck," she mumbled boredly. "May it last longer than the past, what? Twenty relationships?" She laughed at the last part while I paid no mind.

We spent the whole day with reruns of Supernatural from Season 3 onwards which sort of escalated so swiftly. I kept checking my watch as the hours went by.

It wasn't too long when I noticed Cara staring at me. I raised an eyebrow, without asking, she said, "I wonder what that girl saw in you. Simply can't fathom."

"Well, you and me both," I said, taking no offence about her words. I glanced at my watch and saw the time. "Which reminds me, I'll be picking her up from work." I walked on ahead to the coat rack where I took my coat. "I'll see you later, Cars."

"Stay safe, babe."

"You too."

With that, I went on ahead of my way, traipsing then driving to where Taylor works. It was a good thing I've decided to drive thirty minutes earlier than her time off so traffic won't be such a headache, will be later.

Despite the cold weather, my coat was warm enough along with my beanie, so I was outside of my car all the time. I made a hundred a percent sure that she was still at work otherwise the whole trip would have been a complete waste. She doesn't even know I'm here.

I let the minutes fly away while playing with my phone, scrolling mindlessly through Facebook and never really bothering to read anything. Once my watch alarmed around five, I looked out towards the front door of the building. Loads of people started streaming their way out into their cars or on the streets, some to walk, some to catch a taxi or any means of transportation.

Fortunately, where I parked is where Taylor was making her way to and it was not long before she saw me waiting there for her. She was walking along with her coworkers that visited my shop once. I had already forgotten about their names but one of them, pointed to me while the other straight male frowned when he saw me. Taylor's face was tired and yes, no doubt she was sleepy but once she saw me, it made me rethink of the times I haven't done this and I wish I had. Her smile grew on her face and her eyes went bright. She looked at her coworkers first, said a few words and ran to me.