Thirteen

Taylor shrugged at me, her expressions barely readable as she shut her laptop down. "It's always your decision."

I didn't care if her voice sounded innocent or soft, all I know is the atmosphere is getting tensed and my mind is getting clouded. My hand is still on the doorknob and it's partly open.

"Taylor, if you want me to leave--"

She glanced up at me as though trying to say something I couldn't understand.

I'm confused now, I'm not really sure what's going on in her head. I put my hands back in my pockets and stayed where I was standing.

She stood up and walked towards me. I know she's staring, it wasn't too hard to tell. She pushed the door shut gently and then sighed.

"I don't want you to." She was staring directly into my eyes, then, at the least I know what to do.

Good.

Taylor took a step closer to me and not a moment later, she kissed me. Slow, steady, and soft, in a way making my heart beat in contrast with it. My head ran wild and there wasn't an ounce of self control left when I kissed her back.

God.

It isn't like the first time we kissed. That was the time where everything sped up and I didn't know what was going on. Now, we both know what we're doing and it seemed like things were slowing down.

Her hands travelled to the back of my neck whereas I had mine on her back and one around her waist. It was getting a bit hard to breathe with everything going on, having Taylor this close. . .

It was still blurry to me. I couldn't decide whether I want to move somewhere else or not. Again, I wasn't my old self. But hell, if she doesn't stop this, I might just step out of line.

My thoughts were interrupted when I realised I already lessened the speed of my movement.  My lips were already slowing down.

She slowly opened her eyes as she pulled away, staring into mine.

I smiled at her, "This is exactly the kind of thing Paris does to people."

"Believe me, Paris has nothing to do with this." She took her hands back and walked to her bed. Honestly, I could believe she's blushing. "Look, I'm not using you." She sat on her bed.

I nodded along. "Wouldn't feel bad if you are." I'm used to it, anyways.

"I'm not." She licked her lips. "I just got carried away."

I nodded again, I barely have anything to say. . . or else, I might make the situation awful.

I started walking towards the balcony. For some reasons, I just wanted to distract myself.

"We never did talk about it though," Taylor said.

I turned around. "About what?"

"When I kissed you in front of my family," she replied. "God, I did a lot of explaining back then."

"Your fault," I said. "Bloody took me by surprise."

"Boy, you completely acted like you expected it, you were so quick to respond," she teased as I started walking back to her bed.

She already took out her laptop again and started doing whatever she probably wants to do at the very moment.

I shook my head, "No, that was my old self, possessing me for a moment." I sat on the same side of the bed I sat on earlier, simply watching her. "What are you doing there?"

She licked her lips, "Taking a good look of the old you."

What? I stood up and moved to the spot beside her, my feet still on the floor but half of my body on the bed. I looked over to the screen and saw my Facebook account.