Twenty-Five

"Cara, wake the bloody hell up!" I yelled. My last resort is to hit her with a pillow but the one time I did that, we actually got into a fight. I do recall her mentioning how males don't know their own strengths at times.

She groaned. "Wake me up when you're dressed and ready for a flight."

She's got a point though, I need to get dressed. At least a shower would do.

"Am I sure that when I get back here, you will be ready?" I asked.

"Do you trust me or not?"

Alright. That settles the argument easily.

I nodded along and walked my way out. I kept my hands in my pockets all the way until I got to my car. Before I started the engine, I got a text from Taylor that she was already on the airport.

I've got to be honest, this is the part that I didn't like that much because then, you have to reply every time and words are never my forte.

Stay safe, then.

I sent the message and then drove home where I prepared myself for a weekend trip to England where we're supposed to visit my grandmother.

I never get to spend time with her and that is a regretted fact. Although I haven't got much of a choice as I live thousands of miles away. After I've finished packing, I took a shower, changed my clothes and made sure I don't forget my glasses. I also picked up some breakfast at the cafe, two doors to the left. Just a few donuts and a cup of coffee, some for Cara, she loves those bite-size ball donuts so I bought about two dozens. I'll be sharing with her anyways.

Since using my car will be very much unavailable, I took a taxi and a train to head to their apartment where, true to her words, she's all ready and looking like a God damn model. . . well, she is.

My best friend could pull the most casual clothes and still make the world as her runway. I'm proud of her like that.

"Shall we, babe?" Cara smiled as she pulled her trolley behind her.

"Course." I handed her the bag of donuts and she thanked me for it.

We headed to the airport and once we got on the plane, the conversations were left until the first of the turbulence were finished. We talked about random things, what we'd do once we're there and other sorts.

Once it was allowed, she also preoccupied her time with watching some Game of Thrones episodes, I am not entirely sure which season but that bastard Jeoffrey was dead already. She made me watch with her as we ate too.

"Good God," she muttered out. "The woman just lost his son, your son! And you have fucking in your mind." I am quite sure she is pertaining to Jaime Lannister.

I started shutting my eyes, "Th-That's -- I thought you shipped them."

"Just the actors."

"That's not what I've been hearing." I shut my eyes, leaning my head back on the seat. "You ship them, no need to be ashamed."

"The entire fandom would murder me."

"Mhmm."

After a few moments, our conversation shifted towards the pubs we used to spend time in.

"That's where--"

"You got your third girlfriend? Yes, babe," she said and then laughed. "I keep count, who was she?"

I shrugged, "I don't remember correctly but it's close to Jen- Jen--"

"It's Joselyn. Her last name is something I don't remember and really, I don't care."