Thirty-Five

There was something satisfying about seeing her in my clothes.

Unlike the other times when she'd buy coffee from the shop two doors to the left, she said she'd rather keep her business to herself and she didn't want Keith and Vannie to suspect anything so she prepared the coffee herself.

"I can't go home like this," she said, giving me a cup of coffee. "Okay, we totally outdid it last night."

I haven't talked a lot since this morning so Taylor was the one who is doing the talking for the both of us. Not that I regretted the night before, it's simply a play of my mood. I don't want to talk too much. It's already nine a.m. and I haven't opened my shop yet. It was on purpose, I honestly wouldn't be able to concentrate anything yet.

I still wondered whether she have heard what I said last night. Maybe she really didn't, that or she didn't mind but I set that thought aside because I didn't want to expect too much.

After taking a shower, Taylor borrowed my clothes and prepared us both cups of coffee. Now she's seated on her usual seat while I'm behind my counter. Here we are, dealing with the aftermaths from the night before. My head is a bit still clouded as though it's still asleep. My hair was barely dried off after taking a shower since I'd just gotten out of it, it isn't combed so it was a bit messy. My glasses are somewhere still in the basement but I forgot since we've knocked a few things out of place last night. Contacts was the only option for today.

Taylor, on the other hand, no matter how unnatural was the sight of her wearing my clothes with that kind of hair was still as stunning as ever. She borrowed both my polo and one of my boxer shorts, reasoning out that they're very comfortable so I let her. I could just tell it was the kind of sight I'd love to see for the rest of my life.

"Thank you," I said, after taking a sip from the coffee yet my mind is still at its foggy state. Details around us are very vague for me at the moment.

She stared at me, I know she's observing and of course right after is her in "You're having a heavy day."

"Meaning?"

"Unfocused day," she answered then slightly blew off the steam from her coffee. "You're usually not a distracted person."

And she's taking so much pleasure in seeing her after effects. Amusement was purely visible in her starry, innocent eyes that were otherwise the night before. I licked my lips, remembering  how hers was on mine last night. . . I snapped out from it.

I blinked, trying not to make it too obvious. "Not with you around."

"Don't blame it on me." She pouted just a little bit and leaned to me. "You started it," she whispered at almost the same tone as last night's.

"That, I did." I gave her a quick kiss before she laughed. . . and then she asked me if I've seen her camera around.

Hours later, we got back to the basement and settled with reading with journals again —which, we had just arranged back. I finally found my glasses, luckily, it was unscathed. I didn't use it just yet. I simply continued reading the journal I discontinued.

This time, Taylor and I are both on the floor, me facing the bookshelf with my back against the couch while she was at the side, her legs crossing over mine. She would change her position every once in a while, lie down or sit, either way, her legs still cross over mine.

"Harry, your dad talks like you," she said. "Speech patterns and all."

"And we seemed to have no differences at all?"

"Your father wasn't a ladies man."

"Am I?" I quizzed, raising an eyebrow at her.

"You used to be. You said it yourself. You know." She groaned right after. "What date is it today?"