Fifty-One

That whole year escalated so quickly but it was beautiful. I remembered how she smiled and how her eyes sparkled when she saw my shop once again, saying how now it felt more magic than ever. I remembered how she laughed when she figured out her family's roleplay when she got home. I remembered how she interrupted my stories when I'd tell her how Tim and I spent time with each other. I remembered how she grew slightly jealous, her cheeks burning red whenever a girl talks to me, whether a part of my past or not really. It was beautiful how we fought and how she'd yell how crazy I was but in the end, we'd end up kissing and making up. It was beautiful how we'd stay in the basement and read my dad's journal and she got so far as the year I've been born. I've never read that one but she wasn't finished yet, she said she'll just give it to me when she's done. I loved the year, and even more so the sunshine that lasted for every season and every time of the day, mostly because she chose to move in with me.

I loved having Taylor around me, I loved it when our skin touched and she'd laugh in the most untimely moments. She had made major changes in her lifestyle for me, and I for her. Our days were still Thursdays and there were still an abundance of cold coffees and sticky notes and midnight calls. Even Franco could not believe how we lasted. He still hasn't given up on his quest to take me to Europe but he'd been very open about my life choices. Besides, he's seen what I did to dad's shop and he approved so much he ordered that some of our branches get to be designed that way. Stocks had never been higher since then and he needed a family member. For now, he's stuck with Darwin and Quentin. It was Quentin he trusted, it was Darwin he was looking out for.

I stayed in America. I stayed with Taylor and I couldn't be any more happier. The days were longer than usual but they were fun. Whether we're in a room of silence or noise, she was always so serene and dreamy whereas I stayed to be who I was, only a lot more smiles and jokes than usual.

By the end of the year, there were infinite stories to tell. Of course, we had to be more careful around in New York with all the terrorist attacks and I've grown more over-protective yet I don't think it's too much. Taylor was a ball of jealousy as well but I found it funny that we even once fought over Timmy's pretty teacher. I still admit that his teacher was pretty but she could never reach Taylor's level. I remembered how she acted the first time around, blue eyes aflame and things were being tossed around yet we'd always end up fine. She has a number of insecurities and I have my fair share. We weren't perfect, we argue a lot but we made it through. I loved this girl, I loved my sunshine so much, things looked brighter and more vibrant when she's around. I love her, I just didn't tell her as often as I should.

And alas, I remembered that beautiful December day. How my heartbeat failed when she was there in front of me, eyes still bright as ever. Snow fell at the slightest, sprinkling up her beautiful blonde hair that is tied back to a ponytail. There was a smile on her lips, one I never did figure out what it meant. Her hands were in her coat pockets. It was a beautiful day.

She just got off from work, and I told her to meet her here. I had my hand in my coat pocket while the other one was out, knowing that in my other pocket was a small box. . . and then a small silver ring with a brilliant diamond. It really was a beautiful December day as the question would come out.

I remembered how she cried that beautiful December day. How she said she was sorry, and then I didn't know what she was talking about. And she walked away. I didn't know why. I froze where I was because I didn't know. What I missed and where I've gone wrong. . . I didn't know. I still don't.

Truly, it was a beautiful day. Much too beautiful that it still haunts me three years later because I still don't know why.

Three years escalated faster than that one year, though. The moment things fell apart, I broke things, I destroyed and got my arse back to Europe. . . and since Franco had a load of space in his flat, he was very much open to have me around.