Forty-Six

I didn't want to let her go knowing that it'll be long before I get to see her again in person. Of course I could always follow Franco's advise to get a flight wherever she is so I could see her as if life is as easy as the way he paints it to be. He doesn't know how time and distances work the way it does for me. It meant a lot, especially when it comes to Taylor, who is currently in my arms.

I could not believe that morning was too quick to come around. Before I knew what exactly was going on, Taylor's flight was coming quite near. I told her a few reminders of mine, I told her to call me every so often, I told her I would be open for her any time of the day while she gave me a few bits of reminders as well. To add a bit of fun, she gave me a spare key to her apartment, saying someone needed to be there because no one would accompany her dolls —that part still doesn't fail to give me goosebumps— and that it was only fair because she had keys to my place. I couldn't exactly say anything against that. I let her take one of my dad's journals for the trip, which she was very grateful at. It was at the same moment she told me she put a picture of mine in her locket, that I gave her and I couldn't be more pleased about it.

Now, it seemed too long ago when it had been only hours.

I didn't mind the crowds walking along around us, taking their glances as if they owned the terminal. I don't care about them. What I care about is the sunshine, and my entire universe that's in my arms. She's all that exists to me.

"Harry," she whispered softly. "I kinda need to go now."

I wish I didn't have to. But I did, slowly loosening my arms, I took a step back, looked around briefly. Taylor adjusted my glasses with a smile, I don't know why but that small gesture was making my heart race unbelievably.

"I'll miss you." She gave me a soft, sweet kiss before starting to back away. I wished she didn't have such priorities. .  ."It's not a long time. I'll be back before you know it. Take care, Harry. I love you." She waved briefly before turning her back on me without letting me say a single word.

"I love you too," my mind echoed the words I never said when I know for a fact that she won't hear it, not when she was already skipping her way out of my sight. The people walking by in their suits and thick clothes with their bags pulled behind them had made sure that I lose sight of her right within a few minutes.

Goodbye for now, love.

It was not an hour after Taylor's departure, I booked a flight back to New York. It was rather tough to get a normal plane ticket as the rush of the holidays and the threat of snow storms were still around yet five hours later, I got a first-class ticket away from England and back to where I should be. It almost seemed impossible but it still happened, I was already back to Queens by the time Taylor called, telling me she just got off from a flight and she's somewhere in Portugal, I forgot the place and she'd call me again later.

No one would ever believe how much of a relief it was to get home. I walked inside the empty-looking shop, after unlocking the door that rattled, creaked and sprayed off dust when I entered it again. The smell of old wood and bricks came over me, the usual chill of the air was very different from how it was outside and it simply screamed the word, "Home."

I left my small luggage at the door as I've left most back in England. If I took all of my stuff with me, someone would have caught me leaving and they'd make me stay. I don't want to stay there. I wouldn't even go there if it weren't for Taylor. Something about that house isn't quite the same with this one. I sunk on my bed as soon as I was within its range where I took my long-deserved rest.

December 30th, I went ahead to get my car in the nearby alleyway only to find out it's been replaced by a black Toyota Land Cruiser, it looked much like Franco's car. I asked my neighbour, named Cyrus —who is usually in charge of my car. He's an eleven year-old boy, ginger with brown eyes and freckles upon his cheeks. My usual reward for him are toys, which he kept. In my defence, those are pretty good toys.