Introduction

The bright sun shines through my window, causing me to awake from my slumber, I turned to my nightstand and grabbed my phone to check the time.

"9:38am" is what I read on the clock.

I got up off my bed and changed out of my pajamas. As I was looking through my drawers, Ashley, my best friend walked by with a confused look on her face.

"Why aren't you at work today?" She asked lifting an eyebrow.

"What do you mean? I'm off on Saturdays" I replied as I continued to look though my clothes.

"Y/N...it's Sunday!" She said as she raised her voice.

I quickly ran to my phone and checked the calendar.

"Holy shit! It is!" I yelled.

I quickly ran back to my closet and grabbed my uniform. Then, I grabbed my phone and ran out the house.

"Bye Ash! I'll be back at 10pm!" I screamed as I shut the door.

I ran all the way to work, when I arrived, Oliver, my boss, was standing near the entrance, tapping his left foot, waiting for me to enter. As I walked in the restaurant, I felt anxiety and fear as I approach my boss.

"Your late! Again!" He complained.

"I know, I'm sorry, please don't fire me, I need this job!" I begged.

He looked down and took his time to think. "Fine, but this is your last warning Y/N! Next time your late, I'll have no choice but to fire you"

"Thank you Sir! I'll do my best! I promise!" I said.

I set my stuff down and began to take orders. I walked to customers waiting in their table to order food. I approached a couple sitting on the left corner of the restaurant.

"Hi! Welcome to Linda's Cafe Diner, I'm Y/N, I'll be your waitress for today!" I said with a welcoming smile.

"What would you like to order?" I asked

The couple ordered their meals as I wrote it down on a piece of paper. I thanked them before taking their menus.

I approached the kitchen counter and placed the piece of paper on the table for the chiefs to see. When they were done preparing their food, I grabbed them and severed it to the lovely couple. I continued writing down orders for everybody else. The restaurant wasn't busy that morning so my shift was cut off early. On the walk back to the house, I stopped by Starbucks to order Iced coffee for Ashley and me. The line in Starbucks was pretty long, so I had to wait awhile to order. When it was my turn, I ordered two [preferred size], iced coffee. I stepped aside to wait.

"Two [preferred size] Iced coffee for
Y/N!" Shouted one of the employees.

I walked up to him and grabbed the cups. On the walk back home, I held Ashley's coffee on one hand while I held mine on the other, drinking it. A few blocked away from the apartment, a group of guys walked from behind me. I felt a sudden pull on my arm. I gasped, not knowing what's going to happen to me. Then, one of the men pushed me near a dark alley. They began to touch me. They placed their hand on placed they shouldn't be.

"HELP!" I yelled out.

One of the men placed a hand over my mouth, "Hush now baby girl, you don't want to get hurt, do you?"

I shook my head as he took his hand off my mouth I quickly kicked him in the nuts and tried to run away, but they quickly pulled me back.

"Feisty!" Said the man.

"I like that" he grinned.

The guys giggled and began to take off my jack that was rapped around my body.

"What are you doing?!" I screamed

They didn't answer, and tried to unbuckle my belt. I screamed for help, so many times, until, a guy wearing a black jacket with a hood covering his face, ran towards the group of men and began to punch them.

"What the hell?!" Said one of the guys.

I stood still, and filled with fear as I watched the him beat the other men up. Finally, they group of men began to flee. The guy who was wearing a black jacket walked towards me, he bent down to hand me my jacket.

"Here" he said as he handed it to me.

"Are you ok?" He asked as he looked at me.

I saw his face, not recognizing who he was, I was hesitant to answer.

"Y-yes... thank you.." I stuttered.

I couldn't help but wrap my arms around him and thank him for saving me. I know that he was a stranger to me, but, for some odd reason, I trusted him the second he scared the group of men.

I pulled away, feeling embarrassed for what I did, "Sorry..." I said.

"It's fine" he giggled.

"Would you like to me walk you home?" He suggested.

I looked at him and smiled, "Sure, thank you!"

When we arrived, he waved me goodbye. "I didn't get his number!" I thought to myself.

"No! You barely know the guy, you can't just fall for him, snap out of it
Y/N!" I mumbled to myself.

I walked back to my room and plopped on my bed. "What a day..." I signed.