Ive always loved you

Y/N's POV

I sat close to Brendon as we rode in silence. I could break down in tears any minute now. Being close to him the whole ride back to his place made me feel uneasy. I wanted to yell at him and ask him why he did all those hurtful things to me. At the same time, I want to pull him close and hug him, tell him how much I've missed him but I knew I couldn't do it while someone else was there. I felt his eyes linger on me but I couldn't bring myself to look back at him. Without realising, the car had already stop in front of Brendon's house. He placed his hand over mine trying to get my attention.

I slightly jumped and turned my attention to him. "We're here..." he spoke so softly.

I look down as I pulled my hand away from his. I opened my door, thanking the driver and quickly got out, Brendon following along. As the car drove off Brendon kept his gaze on me. Although he looked rather broken. I felt pity wash over me as he broke his gaze and walked up to his door to unlock it. He had his head hung low as he stepped in. I followed behind him and stood in the middle of his house.

Closing the door behind him, he slowly pulls his gaze to me. It's been quiet since we got in the Uber and it made me feel anxious. After moments of not saying a single word, I decided to speak up.

"Why?..." I whispered, my voice sounding so broken and barely audible.

"Why?." I say a bit louder.

"I'm sorry..." was all that came out his mouth.

A sneaky sob escaped my mouth along with a tear drop. I tried my best to hold it in but they seemed to multiply.

"I'm sorry" he sobs. His gaze was on the ground and his voice broke as he continued to apologise.

"It was a mistake... I was being selfish." He broke down.

"I lost you... again... I've already been through that once. I let you slip away and the time I finally get you back, I decide to do something stupid and regretful."

"I lost you... all over again." He cried, sounding frustrated at himself.

"Losing you was the worst pain I've ever put myself through..." he says, his voice cracking at the end.

"I'm sorry." He says once more, pulling his eyes off the ground and on to mine.

"Brendon... I was pregnant... I was going to tell you but..." A sob escaped my mouth as tried to finish the sentence.

"I was a mess... I wasn't thinking and- and I lost the baby..." I cried.

Brendon didn't reply. He looked pained and so broken, his knees looking shaken and weak. A sob escaped his lips as he falls on his knees to the ground. His head was hung low, his hands covering his face as he cried onto his palms. Muffled cries were heard as he stayed like that.

I knelt down next to him and pulled him close to a hug as I cried with him.

"No.. no." He repeated.

He slowly pulls his hands away from his face and he lifts his gaze up. His eyes mirrored mine; puffed and bloodshot.

"I'm so sorry..." he repeated again.

"I'm a horrible person.. I shouldn't have done all these horrible things to you.. How could I be so stupid... We lost our child and it's because of me" he cried.

The lump in my throat burned through as I listened to the nasty words that's falling from his mouth.

"I'm was never meant to make you happy. It's like I was meant to make you hurt... I hurt the ones that I love.. I'm meant to be hated" a waterfall of sobs fell out his mouth.

"Brendon stop. You are not. You hear me. No matter what happens between us, and no matter how much we hurt, I still- and will always love you" I say.

"No! Can't you see? I shouldn't have brought you here. I shouldn't have been with you in the beginning. If we never continued to meet up in the first place, you wouldn't be hurting right now... I was a mistake..." he continued to belittle himself.

"No. I chose this ok? This isn't your fault. Not everything is"

It went silent for a little until he spoke up. "I don't deserve your love... all I've done was throw it all away. I don't deserve you either. You deserve someone better. Someone who's loyal to you, someone who won't hurt you. As much as I want to be that someone... I'm not..."

"Brendon I-" I started but he spoke up again.

"I'm sorry for bringing you all this pain. Sorry for wasting your time and-" before he could finish his sentence, I crashed my lips onto his.

The kiss was hesitant and slow. I melted onto his arms. How I've missed the feeling of his lips on mine. Pulling away slowly, I cupped his face and stared into his glossy eyes. "Brendon.. I don't want anyone else. You may have caused me pain... but what's love without it? Ive always loved you. I felt so empty when when I lost you. No matter what I did or who I dated, I've always thought of you. I couldn't stop even if I tried." I confessed.

"I love you Brendon. I don't want to give you up" I say.

He leaned in and kissed me once more but this time the kiss was passionate and less hesitant. He glided his hands up to my arm then to my face, cupping my cheeks and pulling me closer. I release his face and wrapped my hands behind his neck. We pull away breathlessly. Our foreheads rest on each other as we tried to catch our breath. "I love you too" He replies.

——
A/n: so I'm back from my hiatus. I haven't been writing much bc I lost interest for a while but now I'm slowly getting back into it. Hope this chapter was ok lol. And sorry if it took a while to arrive, a lot of you have been telling me to update for so long so here it is. Also, sorry if there's any errors, I dont proof read any of my stories bc I'm too lazy.

Till next time

-K