Forgiveness

Y/N's POV

Josh tumbled on the floor as Brendon punched him. I tried to break up the fight but it was no good. Eventually, Josh started to punch back at Brendon. I hear both of them grunt as they each punch each other.

"Stop!" I begged.

I ran up to them and began to tug on Brendon who was hovered over Josh, throwing punches at his face.

"Please, Stop!..." I sobbed as I tried to pull them off each other.

Brendon's POV

I glance over to Y/N, who was pulling on my left shoulder, trying to pull me away.

"Stop!" I hear her beg.

I ignored her and continued to punch Josh.

I hear her again, "Please... Stop...!", but this time, she was sobbing.

I quickly stop throwing punches at Josh and turned my attention over to Y/N who was kneeling beside us with her hands covering her face.

Y/N's POV

Finally, they pulled away and stopped punching each other. I quickly ran to Josh and pulled him into a hug.

Burying my face on his chest, I mumbled, "I'm sorry...."

I pull away and notice he had a black eye. Tears started to roll down my face again. Josh stared into my eyes and smiled weakly.

"It's ok... it's not your fault..."

He glanced at Brendon, who was glaring at Josh. He stood a few feet away from us.

"I think I should go...." Josh added, looking back at me.

I wiped the tears that stained my face as I got up and pulled Josh off the ground. I helped him grab his stuff and walked him out he door.

"I guess I'll see you around?" He said.

"Yeah...." I replied, giving him a peck on the cheek.

I waved him goodbye before he disappeared in the distance.

I closed the door and sighed. Before I could walk back to my room. Brendon grabbed my arm and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry.... please forgive me..." he cried into my neck.

I held back my tears and look blankly at the white wall.

I inhaled deeply. "I.... I don't know if I could...." I replied, a lump in my throat began to form.

He sobbed even harder. He finally pulled away and stared into my e/c eyes. He cupped both his hands on my cheeks. "I-I love you....." He sobbed out, staring at the floor.

I blinked my eyes, letting tears fall.

"I just- want you to know that..." tears fell down his face like a waterfall.

I star at him, sharing the same feeling he's experiencing. Pain.

I let out a quiet sob. "I-I love you too.... but...."

His attention quickly goes back to me.
"Your with Sarah.... Your married... And-I know that your going throug-h rough times with her...- she cheated on you-but it still doesn't change t-he fact that your married..." I chocked out.

"I want to forgive you.... I do forgive you..."

"But... we can't be together...." I added.

"When you and Sarah settle this problem out... I think about it.. but for now.... I think we're better off as friends...." I said, folding back my sobs.

Brendon took his time to answer. Tears fell from his eyes as he struggled to look into mine. I felt his pain, I didn't want it to come to this, but, I have no choice. I wanted to hug him, kiss his lips and feel his warmth, but I couldn't. Instead, I stood still and closed my eyes letting tears fall down my face again.

Brendon pulled me into a hug, he held me close and cried in my shoulder.

"I love you..." He said under his breath.

"I love you too..." I said back.

He pulled away and kissed me with passion. I kissed back, knowing this was probably the last time I could ever feel his soft lips on mine. I felt him pull away, the warmth of his lips fade, I slowly open my eyes.

I cleared my throat and walked in my room, Brendon followed along.

He closed the door and sat next to me on the edge of the bed.

We sat in awkward silence and stared at the floor. Soon we heard buzzing. Brendon reached in his pocket, revealing the caller ID. Sarah.

He got off the bed and answered the call. I stared at him as he talked to Sarah.

"Hello?" He said.

"Hey!" I heard Sarah say on the other line.

"I've missed you!"

"I missed you too..." Brendon replied.

I stared back at the ground and fiddled with my thumb.

"When are you coming back from your friends house?"

Brendon turned to me. "I.... I-ah... I'm coming home tomorrow morning, actually...." he said in a sad tone.

Tears filled my eyes, I bit my top lip and tried not to let a single tear drop.

"Oh! Really?!"

"Tha-that's great!"

"I'll see you then, bye!"

"Bye"

"I love you!"

Brendon waited for a while to respond. "I love you too...." he struggled to say.

He ended the call and began to pack his stuff. I watched as he piled his cloths into his bag. I lay myself down and turn to my side to face him.

Once he finished, he placed his stuff near my bed and lay next to me. He pulled me close and cuddle with me.

"I'll miss you..." He murmured.

"I'll miss you too..." I say back, pulling him closer.

My eyes began to get heavy. I start to fall asleep as I feel Brendon play with my hair.

"Goodnight... I love you...." I barely hear him. I finally dose off to sleep.