Chapter 3: Sudden Silence, Sudden Heat.

*Haley’s P.O.V.*

No one really seemed to know what had just happened. Well, besides Lou. He had some explaining to do to me. But that would have to wait for a little bit. Because currently I had to go talk to Julia. “I should go talk to her,” I mumbled to Niall, leaving to go follow Julia once she was inside. Everyone went back to doing whatever the hell they were doing in the first place, and Niall and Louis began to splash each other violently. I wrapped my Pokémon towel around myself (Charmander, to be exact. Don’t judge me.) and made my way up the lawn.

I entered the house, hoping I wasn’t dripping too much. I decided to get dressed before confronting her, seeing as how I’d be more comfortable and she probably needed some time to cool down as well. I entered the room I shared with Niall, closing the door and smiling giddily as a mixture of Wonderstruck and Armani Mania overwhelmed my sense of smell. I dried my hair and hung the towel up on the shower rod before walking back into the bedroom in search of clothes. I looked from my bag to Niall’s and smiled. I randomly grabbed a pair of underwear and a bra from my bag and a pair of gray sweatpants and a purple Jack Wills shirt from Niall’s bag. God, I love it when guys wear purple, I thought with a smile. The sweatpants were pretty huge on me, so I had to roll them up a few times, but I liked it; they were nice and comfy cozy. I brushed out my damp hair and scrunched it into curls before deciding it was time to talk to Julia. I walked down the hall and rapped my fist on the door in a short little rhythm. She appeared in the doorway almost immediately, the huge smile that was on her face confusing me. “May I come in?” I asked with a bemused smile.

“No,” she replied sarcastically before stepping aside and letting me in. I sat on the bed and she shut the door, joining me. “So what’s up?” she asked perkily.

“That’s what I came here to ask you,” I replied. She cocked her head to the side, giving me a confused puppy look. “First you’re flirtatiously splashing Louis, then you’re winking at that Todd guy, then you’re yelling at Louis, and now you’re smiling like an idiot,” I recapped, waiting for an explanation. I watched emotions flicker through her eyes as t rest of her face stayed like stone.

“Well I’m happy because I have a date with Todd tonight!” she reported excitedly, dodging the mention of Louis. I raised my eyebrows at her curiously. “He’s picking me up at eight.” She had a huge smile on her face, but it faded gradually as she sighed. “The only thing is getting past Louis…” She raised her blue eyes and met my golden ones, giving me a begging look. I rolled my eyes, realizing that I had made myself her distraction plan.

“Fine, I’ll talk to him at 7:55,” I agreed. She clapped her hands and hugged me in thanks. “Speaking of, why’d you blow up at him earlier?” I asked, remembering why I had even come in the first place. She pulled away and stared longingly out the window at the lake, probably staring at Louis.

“Well he said he didn’t want me falling for Todd because he said he thought he would hurt me, and I told him he was being ridiculous. Then when I asked why he even cared, he just yelled ‘Why do you think?’ and I yelled back ‘I don’t fucking know!’ because I’m honestly so confused by him. I mean, at points it seems like we’re best friends, then it feels like more, but then we’re back to normal. I mean he fucking kissed me and then pretended like it never fucking happened!” she exploded in frustration.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” I stopped her, still ingesting and processing everything I had just heard. “He kissed you?” I squealed in confused excitement. She blushed and looked down, but I knew she was smiling. “When?” I demanded.

“One night when they were on tour,” she explained softly. “But it never happened again and we never even spoke of it. And that’s why I think it’s good to move on to Todd and escape all this annoying confusion,” she vented. Actually, it was more of an explanation, like she was giving me her reasons to convince me of something. I sighed, understanding where she was coming from. But I was still very excited that they had kissed. My two best friends kissed! But now they were just being stubborn idiots, which I had to fix. Personally, I was with Lou on the not trusting Todd boat. There was just something about him…