Epilogue

Epilogue

*Third Person Narration*

Haley sat backstage in the dressing room, texting Michelle as the interview the boys were currently participating in played on the flat screen in the corner of the room. The two girls had bonded over their shared and similar experiences, and it seemed the distance just made them closer as they felt the need to constantly check up on each other. Consequently, checking up on each other slowly evolved into a strong, unbreakable friendship with plenty of laughs and tears and half-conscious late night calls. Michelle was currently gushing about how cute Zayn looked and how he needed to talk more because she missed his voice. Haley smiled at her fluffiness, but she was also preoccupied with watching Niall. He was just so beautiful; how could she not? His laugh never ceased to cause butterflies to erupt in her stomach. She finished off her bag of Doritos as the interview ended, trying (and failing) to not get orange powder on her phone.

The boys flooded into the room, laughing and chatting amongst themselves. “How did we do?” Zayn asked while unscrewing the cap on a water bottle. Haley smirked to herself, remembering Michelle’s comment.

“Michelle said you need to talk more,” Haley answered honestly. A light sparked in his eye at the mention of her name, and it was clear how happy she made him, despite his futile attempts to hide it.

“Michelle was watching?” he asked nonchalantly.

“Mhm,” Haley nodded, internally squealing over how adorable their relationship was. “Oh, and you were all wonderful,” Haley added in a playfully mocking tone, “as always.”

“Aww!” Louis exclaimed in sarcastic flattery, catching Haley off guard as he jumped into her lap. She let out a small oof, but she giggled and wrapped her arms around his torso. His went around her neck as he curled up like a little child in her lap, despite the fact that he was about a head taller than her. Just to add to Haley’s struggle, Niall plopped himself right on top of Louis. All awkwardness was gone between the three, which all of them were extremely grateful for.

“Thanks babe!” Niall exclaimed, maneuvering around Louis to plant a swift kiss on Haley’s lips.

“No problem,” Haley replied in a strained voice. “You can thank me by getting off of me,” she rationalized, the weight of two almost fully grown boys becoming a lot to bear. Her hoped immediately dropped when Louis and Niall shared mischievous grins. “Oh god,” she groaned. The two boys hopped off of her, and she immediately fell to the floor in surrender, clutching her stomach and sides in preparation for a tickle attack. (Yeah, they hadn’t stopped. If anything, they had becomemore frequent since summer.)

“I’m not gonna tickle you Halez,” Louis laughed. “Now get off the floor.” Haley began standing up, arms still wound around her waist and stomach area protectively as she eyed Louis cautiously. He chuckled and shook his head, the dangerous grin playing torturously at the corners of his lips.

He watched as Niall unwrapped Haley’s arms from her waist, carefully replacing them with his own. They were so sweet to each other; it was adorable and sickening at the same time. Yes, the awkwardness was gone, but that was just because Haley and Niall assumed Louis’ feelings had dissipated as well. Of course they had gone away for the most part, but Julia was gone and the two barely spoke. They had tried, but what with time zones and schedules they decided the long distance thing wouldn’t even work for friendship, and so they detached themselves from each other. Louis felt an ache in his chest just at the thought.