Chapter 22: An Indication, Something I Thought I Lost Long Ago

*Haley's P.O.V.*

I sighed exasperatedly as I exited the bathroom, passing a confused looking Niall who was lounging on the bed. I flung open the bedroom door and trotted down the staircase, extremely irked. No wonder my emotions have been so fucked up, I realized. Of course, it is a Capricorn thing to have severe mood swings, but the whole period thing only made it worse. The discomfort of a pad made me even unhappier. "Jesse!" I called, venturing into the kitchen. His white blonde head popped up, his practically black eyes meeting mine in response. "Can you take me to the store you bought the flavored condoms at please?" I requested. A smirk played across his bright lips as I realized how that sounded.

"Why? Need to restock?" he teased, playing up my unfortunate choice of words. I rolled my eyes, lips stretching as I held in a giggle.

"No, I'm out of tampons," I explained, crossing my arms as the straight male in the room (Liam) shifted uncomfortably. I giggled a bit, amused by his reaction.

"Can't you just borrow some of hers?" Jesse sighed, nodding his head toward a smirking Michelle.

"Not for four days! And besides, I only use the colorful ones," I replied, tapping my foot. I become very impatient when my hormones start kicking in.

"Whoa, your period is only four days long?" Michelle exclaimed through her mouth full of what seemd to be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. "Lucky bitch!"

"Well I get a lot of cramps," I explained. Michelle nodded in understanding. Julia and I had discovered back in eighth grade that if you have a short period you get a lot of cramps, but if you have a long period it's practically painless.

"That makes sense," she responded. "Mine are pretty long, but I don't get so many cramps. But it's weird, because I-"

"Enough!" Jesse hollered, cutting her off. "Fine I'll take you to get your damn tampons. Just please stop discussing your ovarian issues!" Michelle and I obviously started cracking up at his utterly male reaction. Beaming victoriously, I linked my arm through his and pecked him on this pale cheek. He gave me a stupid smile, which I returned, before heading towards the front of the house.

"Hey, can I come?" Liam asked from behind us, getting up from his seat beside Michelle. "Michelle's boring," he added jokingly, winking at her. She slapped her hand over her chest as her jaw dropped, her crystalline blue eyes widening in fake offense. I giggled and rolled my eyes at him.

"No, of course not," I replied sarcastically, bending my arm as an offering for him to link his arm through it. He smiled warmly at me, causing me to go endure a sudden wave of déjà vu back to the moment when I first met him. It was a nice memory, actually. That was probably one of the best nights of my life. "Wanna come Meesh?" I called over my shoulder to the perfect blonde. She smiled but shook her head.

"Thanks, but I think I have enough tampons for now," she winked playfully. I giggled and agreed, the other three of us continuing on our way. I might've been imagining things out of my own stress, but it kind of seemed to me like Michelle had something on her mind. I brushed it off, climbing into the back seat of Jesse's car as he claimed the driver's seat, Liam calling shotgun. I clicked my seatbelt on, a grin instantly growing on my face as the engine roared to life and the radio, which had been left on the last time the car was used, started blasting Live While We're Young.

"Oh girl, I'm waiting on ya. I'm waiting on ya," we all sang as Jesse drove out of the driveway. Well, actually, it was more of a chant. I giggled a bit at the radio's option, and Liam and Jesse chuckled along with me.