Chapter 10: I don't wanna talk about it.

Chapter 10: I Don't Wanna Talk About It

*Megan’s P.O.V.*

While everyone was up stairs being all coupley and shit, Harry, Jesse, and I were lounging around the living room watching some show about this dumbass chick getting pregnant without knowing who the father is. “What a slut,” Jesse commented monotonously from his upside down perch on one of the couches. I giggled, and then realized why the three of us were even down here.

“So are we like, The Single Club?” I asked jokingly. Their green and brown eyes turned to me, both flashing me their proud million dollar smiles. Jesse’s was adorable, but I found Harry’s absolutely breathtaking. What if Harry and I weren’t single? I thought longingly. I haven’t like a guy since sixth grade, and even then it was never like this. I even had a lesbian experience once, but I’m not going into that right now. My point is, I was sure I had really strong feelings for Harry because he brought out a side of me that I had yet to discover. I felt guilty liking my dead best friend’s boyfriend, well, ex-boyfriend I suppose, but I had made Haley and Michelle do another Ouija board with me and Dani encouraged me to go for Harry! She said she was happy for us! And ever since she told me that I’ve allowed myself to fall head over heels for him.

“I guess we are,” Jesse agreed, breaking me out of my trance. Harry’s gaze broke as he switched it to his phone. A grin spread across his face which sparked my curiosity.

“Who ya texting there, Hazz?” I asked playfully, trying not to sound too nosey. He grinned up at Jesse and me smugly, and we both eyed him quizzically. My heart twisted and sank at his response to my question.

“This girl I met at the X-Factor,” he answered. I didn’t like that reply at all, but I forced my face into a teasingly flirtatious smirk. I didn’t like the idea of him smiling over some other girl, even though he wasn’t even mine. I hate people easily, and those instincts kicked in as I immediately began to loathe this girl. “She wasn’t on the telly because she didn’t make it through, but I was talking to her at the auditions,” he explained.

“What’s her name?” I was glad Jesse was the one to ask, because he said it in a taunting best friend way, whereas I probably would’ve come off jealous. Well, I was jealous, but that’s irrelevant.

“Veronica,” he replied. I hated the happy little grin that appeared on his face. Jesse aw’d, encouraging him to go on. I just sat there with a fake grin of interest on my face as he continued. “I’m meeting up with her tonight.” Okay. That hurt. I mean I knew he wasn’t mine, but I had someone tricked myself into the mindset that he was, so hearing that he was pretty much seeing another girl hurt pretty badly. Still, I kept the blank smile on my face as I began playing with the skin around my nails. I tried to make it look like an absentminded action, attempting to mask the fact that I had the urge to kill the bitch that was taking away my chances of being with Harry.

“Well, looks like it’s just you and me, Meggy!” Jesse piped perkily. Funny, that statement didn’t exactly make me feel especially giddy.

“Well he’s still single. I mean they’re not dating,” I replied impulsively, wishing the words could be pushed back into my mouth. I was usually good at containing my feelings, but when things get to me…

“Have you asked her out yet, Harry?” Jesse questioned. Why did I feel like we were in couple counseling and Jesse was the therapist? Harry shook his head, the swaying of his brown curls calming me. Maybe there is a chance, my hope urged.

“Not formally, no,” he answered. I grinned inwardly. “But I was planning on it.” There goes the smile. I noticed his emerald gaze was anywhere but me, excepting the occasional glances he granted me. Great, I made min feel awkward, I scolded myself, mentally face palming. “She’s really nice. I’d like you to meet her,” he carried on. I knew it was supposed to come off as a general statement, but he and I both knew his words were somewhat directed towards me. Or, was I just imagining that?